PDA

View Full Version : ServerDataSize (error)

who_me_use_seq
04-22-2002, 12:32 PM
Well I'll just bet you that the answer to this is around here somewhere and I am just not using the search function correctly or in the right place or something. (dons his best asbestos underware)

Since the April 9 commit I have been having problems with seq hanging or terminating, usually while I am zoning. When it hangs the last message left in the Terminal window is

(error) ServerDataSize (xxxxxxx) ServerData (xxxxxxx)

(kicks himself for not copying down one of these little beauties.) Reproducing it here from memory.

As I am searching the site here for ServerDataSize, and ServerData, I am not finding any matches. Ill bet I am doing it wrong. Doh.

These are the commands that I have been using to update from CVS repository and build:

export QTDIR=/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CXX=g++3
export CC=gcc3
cd //seq/showeq
make distclean

export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/seq
cvs login
cvs -z3 update
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Sorry to trouble you with this stupid problem. Must not be wide spread or I am pretty sure I would see more posts about it by now. And Thanks for all the great work on a truely useful program.

Sorry in advance for whatever information I forgot to include that would make this problem make sense.

Oh I run SEQ from an icon that I created that runs command line

Bash seq

The contents of seq are as follows

cd //
cd seq
showeq --ip-address 192.168.0.2

I thank you in advance for any guidance or pointers to info that might bear on this problem.

If indeed the answer is already here, Flame on. I am prepared.

lildr00d
04-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by who_me_use_seq
export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/seq

Try this export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/showeq
This will get the newest version of seq!

I would delete the old SEQ directory and make a new one for this newer version of the CVS you will need to do a checkout instead of a update.

Cryonic
04-22-2002, 01:36 PM
lildr00d: WRONG

the CVSROOT is correct in the original post

co showeq is what you do to get the SHOWEQ module rather than the older LINUX module.

who_me_use_seq:

I've seen this error before. For me the solution was to turn down the datarate of EQ so that my SEQ machine could get an accurate capture of the initial zonein of EQ.

I think what is basically happening is SEQ is missing some packets and so when it tries to use them it blows up from the missing/bad packet capture.

who_me_use_seq
04-23-2002, 08:37 AM
Cryonic,

Thanks. Indeed this seems to have been the problem. I changed the datarate at the same time I compiled the new SEQ. D'oh. Rookie mistake.

I appreciate the help.

----------------------------------------------------
Storyteller makes no choice. Soon you will not hear his voice. His job is to shed light, not to master. -- Robert Hunter