PDA

View Full Version : Zone decoding problem after abscond

EMN
04-22-2002, 02:05 PM
I would like to know if there is a way to get the zone to decode after abscond. After abscond the zone would not decode even after making familiar. The zone is Timorous Deep.
Is there a way to get Showeq not to reset with abscond.
Thank you.

fryfrog
04-22-2002, 05:09 PM
yes, there is a way to make showeq not try and re-decode after abscond/succor (intrazone safe spot port). you will need to join the everquest dev team and modify the everquest code so that when you cast these spells you don't actually zone (like casting gate inside the zone you are bound in).

the reason that the eq devs moved from a non-zone spell to a force zone type spell is that they could not manage to clear the hate/agro tables of mobes if you didn't zone. if you did NOT zone and a mob was close enough to still have agro... it would come running after you.

at least, i think it USED to not make you zone... then they thought they had fixed it... found out that they were retarded and just decided to make everyone zone when that spell was cast. if i'm wrong, please correct me where it hurts.

fryfrog
04-22-2002, 05:10 PM
oh yeah, and as for getting seq to actually decode after an abscond/succor... cast a pet spell. druid pet should work for druids (duh) and i'm pretty sure that for wizards their "familier" (not sure if i got that right) should do just fine.

again, please correct me if i am wrong about the wizard thing :)

PawnOrc
04-22-2002, 05:25 PM
VI also had an issue with "stripping" spells. Forced zone on succor allowed spells to be stripped like when zoning. This somehow fit the "vision" better. I still don't get what they were so worried about but I smell an exploit.