PDA

View Full Version : About using this on Test Server

Aurelius
04-24-2002, 05:14 AM
I play alot on the Test Server (about as much as I do on the prod servers) but I haven't been able to auto load maps or decode the zones for a while now. I noticed on my last CVS update and compile that there is a line that says: checking whether to build for use with the test server. . . no". Is there a way turn this on? I know that SEQ gets busted (temp anyways) on Test first. I was just wondering if this line in the compile process has anything to do with it and is there anything I am missing from getting this up and running on test??
Thanx for any information .
;)

cattj
04-24-2002, 08:00 AM
The standard compile works fine for me....right now EQ is going through a lot of changes to the packets they are sending so the standard SEQ from CVS won't work properly on Test server. I suspect that this will change today. Decoding of packets begins when a new spawn occurs in a zone. On test sometimes this takes a bit longer because the zones are less populated with people killing things. (this especially happens in cities) but it will come up eventually. as for the maps you can load them manually if this process is taking too long. Thats one of the nice things about being a pet class. you can force the spawn by casting your pet. otherwise just run around killing stuff and eventually you'll be on your way

-Cattj

Aurelius
04-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Thanx for the comeback. I just thought maybe the compile line had something to do with it and that I had missed the reference to it somewhere along the line. At present I do manually load the maps but the spawn just don't seem to be coming. Oh well, the maps are great anyways )). As a hunter, I will need to develop more patience )) hehe

Aurelius
04-24-2002, 10:28 PM
Well, recompiled the long way. Started SEQ, entered game, and no decoding or auto map loading. Sat for an hour with tons of unknowns.
Hmmm will have to see what happens on the Proddy servers ))
Thanx

fee
04-25-2002, 04:47 AM
There is a macro in the configure script to define TEST_SERVER. it can be enabled by passing --with-test-server to configure. Right now there is nothing in the source that will use this macro so it won't do you any good.

Once things on test server settle down a bit I plan to update showeq to use the changes and you would then need to use the above macro when building showeq.
Watch for a showeq update sometime next week.

fee

Aurelius
04-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Super!! I can't wait. I'll be checking every day ))
Thanx for the come back and info. ))))