PDA

View Full Version : SEQ w/Netgear FR314 router

linuxn00bie
04-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Recently switched from 4 static IP addresses to a single DHCP provider. Installed a Netgear FR314 Router. Browsing works fine, can ping the router and myself. However, when I attempt to ping the box running EQ it is blocked. When I check the router settings I see:

You are protected from the following attacks: Syn flood, Ping of death, IP Spoofing, Land attack, Smurf amplification, sequence number prediction

I'm assuming SEQ does one of those. Anyone familiar w/Netgear routers that may have an idea of what I can do to get around this so that SEQ can see the other system?

Thanks

high_jeeves
04-24-2002, 07:54 PM
YOU CANNOT USE SHOWEQ WITH A ROUTER (congratulation! You are the 1 millionth person to ask this question without searching first!)

ROUTER = SWITCH, by definition.

--Jeeves

Pigeon
04-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by linuxn00bie
However, when I attempt to ping the box running EQ it is blocked.

Hmm. Does browsing on the linux box work? are you sure you have the right ip's for both boxes?

Originally posted by linuxn00bie
Anyone familiar w/Netgear routers that may have an idea of what I can do to get around this so that SEQ can see the other system?

Even if you do get your router working SEQ won't work with your setup. You need to plug both your linux box and your windows box into a hub so traffic directed to your windows box will still reach your linux box.