PDA

View Full Version : Changing Mob colors for >than 10 levels higher

Madd
04-26-2002, 06:18 PM
some zones i keep a lvl 1 rouge in and check mobs but of course they are 10 levels higher than me and show up as black dots on a black background

I could change the black background but i like the background black most of the time

So is there any way to change the color of mobs dots that are 10 levels higher from black to something else?

Ratt
04-26-2002, 06:35 PM
They aren't black, just a really dark red. Sounds like your monitor can't quite handle a full spectrum of color vibrance :)

But yes, you can change it if you are even moderately familiar with C++, it's a trivially easy change.

You might try turning up your contrast on your monitor first though, that'll probably solve your problem. I'm gonna guess your monitor is just an old clunker lying around like a couple of my linux boxes have, and I've seen the same thing. Switching to a nice, bright monitor solved the problem.

Madd
04-26-2002, 07:03 PM
yeah its a 14'' from 1995 not exactly state of the art..

I dont know jack about c++ but I'll try the contrast method

Thanks!

Cryonic
04-27-2002, 01:57 AM
What resolution are you running it in? On my laptop I had it running 1024x768x8bpp and that behavior was there. Boosted the resolution to 1024x768x16bpp and the problem went away.

8bpp == 256 colors at a time
16bpp == 65536 colors at a time

Madd
04-27-2002, 01:17 PM
i have no idea, Cant find that setting in red hat 7.2 using KDE

PhoenixZorn
04-29-2002, 02:27 AM
Doh.... hey ummm... open a term, and type XConfigurator... or Xconfig... or some form of one of those 2... can't remember what it is right now.. cuz I don't care.. and you can change your rezolution... ummm... do it from root before you startX.

fee
04-29-2002, 04:29 AM
I have actually altered the colors a little bit for an up and coming patch. The darkest reds and greens will be a little brighter. I had trouble with the darks on my system too.

You can also change the back ground color of the map from the default black to any color of the spectrum. That could also be a solution for you.

fee