PDA

View Full Version : RedHat 7.2 install

greenwing
04-28-2002, 05:24 AM
Been using SEQ off and on for quite some time, but got stuck on the linux module and so hadn't upgraded in quite awhile. Finally found the showeq module and tried to grab it and install with RedHat 7.2. As has been pointed out elsewhere, this process has some pitfalls. So far I've downloaded qt 2.3.2 sources, built, and installed them and then reconfigured ShowEq and attempted to build it. The process seems to run flawlessly up until the link stage when I get a huge number of undefined symbols that should be located in QT. I've checked the link command and it is linking against the appropriate libraries. My guess is that it's related to QT being compiled with gcc/g++ and ShowEQ being compiled with gcc3/g++3. I took a quick try at building QT with gcc3 (modified the configs/linux file) but that was an abysmal failure. I'm reluctant to download the premade libraries, for various reasons. Anybody have a clue what's going on here?

high_jeeves
04-28-2002, 09:52 AM
Basically, you failed to follow one of the 10 extremely detailed install guides on this site. Please find one, and use it...

--Jeeves