PDA

View Full Version : My character icon not moving...

Syber
05-03-2002, 01:56 PM
ShowEQ is up and running just fine with but one minor problem.. my character icon stands in one spot. I can see others move around, can see my party where I should be, and can see mobs ok.. Any ideas?:confused:

S_B_R
05-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Try turning your datarate down. Look in your Everquest directory for a fille called datarate.txt Valid numbers are 1 to 9.. Also make sure you are watching the right IP address. Maybe you could discribe your network topology here, that could give a clue to your problem.

Syber
05-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Didn't put any IP address in file.. was told it would find it.. is that the problem?

Edited my IP to that of the client.. still doesn't move.

Network is as follows.
Gateway/Linux box, also showEQ client.
hub
EQ client.. nothing fancy.

S_B_R
05-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Judging by your network setup you're using you linux/SEQ box as your router/gateway. If that is correct look in your showeq.conf there is a setting for "device" make sure that is set to the propper NIC.

also are you using any kind of PPPoE software?

high_jeeves
05-03-2002, 04:53 PM
You are probably sniffing out the outside adapter of your box, but sniffing for your inside IP address... if your player isnt moving, it means it is receiving traffic TO your EQ box, but not FROM your EQ box. I would try sniffing for the IP of your EQ box on the INNER adapter, or try sniffing your outside IP addr on your OUTER adapter.

--Jeeves

Syber
05-04-2002, 06:37 AM
Yup, that was the problem..

Everything works out fine now :)

madmocasin
05-22-2002, 04:28 AM
I have the same problem. I read the post but im not clear on the fix. I can see mobs moving around and i can see myself on the map but im always at 0,0 coords.

high_jeeves
05-22-2002, 08:32 AM
Read my previous post... its about as clear as it can get... you are sniffing on the wrong ethernet adapter..

--Jeeves