PDA

View Full Version : Networking.

ds263
05-06-2002, 08:16 PM
Ok ive looked around the site and cant seem to find what im looking for. Also the other boards are down or i just cant load them for some reason so imma ask.

Is it possible to have:

Cable Modem > Winxp(eq) > Linux (seq) and it work?

Cable goes into one NIC which is shared in the WIn Box. Linux box is connected to the 2nd NIC which see's the 1st one as being the Internet Connection. I can do anything from either boxes on the internet and in my theory of thinking would it be able to work or do i have to reverse the boxes or get a hub.

Just pondering since all the stores are closed here ;)

high_jeeves
05-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Yes, this is in many threads on this board. You are correct in your thinking.. the ShowEQ box MUST be able to see the packets to the EQ box... draw a line from your EQ box to the internet.. does it pass through the ShowEQ box? No? Then why would the packets?

--Jeeves

ds263
05-06-2002, 09:34 PM
well i had to ask ;) I was thinking maybe it could see the packets coming into the box if i told it which IP to view but I will just wait until the gd store opens tomorrow =) Only store here that is open is walmart and they want 98bucks for a 4port hub lol oh well till then, thanks for clairying my shot down theory =)

Thanks again