PDA

View Full Version : Network/Sniffing problems

GreatHammer
05-06-2002, 09:19 PM
Ok, I am probably making a very simple, very stupid mistake here. I have 2 computers with different IPs. The one is running EQ, the other Mandrake 8.2 . I can get SEQ to load fine, I can get EQ to load fine, but I cannot seem to get SEQ to realize that EQ is running, and pick it up.

Z

high_jeeves
05-06-2002, 09:30 PM
Well, given the network scenario you have described here in extreme detail, i am going to guess the answer is 42! Or perhaps you have a bad gizmo somewhere...

Perhaps you could describe your network (or perhaps even search, since every possible network configuration has been described on this board already).... You have given us NO useful information here with which to help solve your problem

--Jeeves

GreatHammer
05-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Ach, sorry about that. The computer that ShowEQ is running on is located in parallel on a hub with the computer running EQ. I tried using the search engine but was unable to find what I needed. Would it be advisable to set the linux machine up as a masquerading router and run Seq there?

Z

high_jeeves
05-06-2002, 10:30 PM
Yes, or make sure your hub is actually a hub. Many devices labelled as hubs are actually switches.

--Jeeves

GreatHammer
05-07-2002, 07:06 AM
It seems my libpcap library wasnt workin right. I reinstalled it and everything seems to be working fine now :) thanks

Z