PDA

View Full Version : 2 EQ boxes, one ShowEQ

Alwayslost
05-07-2002, 10:32 AM
I have read the FAQ, and searched the board. I Have NOT yet begun to install ShowEQ, but I will.

Is it possible to have one linux box with ShowEQ moniter two accounts at the same time? (Like a windowed version)

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere... I looked..

high_jeeves
05-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Yes, you run 2 instances of ShowEQ (on the same box) with 2 different IP addresses..

--Jeeves

Alwayslost
05-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Awesome!

Thanks!

Now to begin the process... :D

Mr Guy
05-07-2002, 12:47 PM
Note, I didn't bother to check myself, but oddly enough this is the inverse of one of the most commonly asked questions.

Now for the combo pack:

Can I run Showeq on one linux box to monitor two EQ sessions on two computers, one of which is using EQW to run three EQ sessions at once?

{Hint: Yes}

Zeppo
05-13-2002, 01:19 PM
Ok, I used to do that same thing all the time.
I have two Windows PCs running EQ, and one linux box running SEQ.
I would open one instance of seq by typing:
showeq 192.168.1.4
and then go to another virtual desktop and open another terminal and run seq by typing:
showeq 192.168.1.3

My problem is that up until recently this worked fine.
Now, if I open both seq's up before I run eq, then start eq on one machine, both seq's will pop the same map and zone up.
Then when I run the second machine, neither seq's will do anything.
I must have some setting not set.
I tried messing around with Network>Track Sessions setting in seq, but that does nothing that I can tell.
Not sure what it is for, exactly. (maybe I should rtfm)

I just want one seq to monitor one PC, and the other monitor the other, and not get mixed up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Broadband
05-13-2002, 01:35 PM
I have monitored as many as 4 EQ machines and haven't had the problem you are mentioning.

I, however, have aliases set up for different showeq.conf files. machine1.conf, machine2.conf, machine3.conf and machine4.conf. In my .bashrc file i have this set up for each one

alias mach1='showeq -o /usr/local/share/showeq/machine1.conf'

Each .conf file i have edited with the specific IP and information needed to monitor that machine and renamed it accordingly. So when I want to monitor that particular machine, I just open a terminal, type in mach1 or 2 or 3 or 4 depending on which machine i want to monitor and it comes right up. Go to the other virtual window and start up another, etc. etc. I haven't bothered to run multiple instances under the same window, I like things a bit neat. One virtual window for each seq session so yo don't get confused as to which machine you are looking at.

TheToastman
05-13-2002, 01:56 PM
I just run terminal on 2 difft KDE desktops for ease & switch back and forth instead of making an icon for it. I've done this by adding the info below to the command line:

--ip-address=10.0.0.3

You could add this info to an icon too, but i am a creature of habit still trying to learn. Every so often one or the other crashes, but all in all it has worked very well.

hope this helps :)

LordCrush
05-14-2002, 02:54 PM
I use the same config, but with VNC to remotecontrol the virual desktops from my 2 old notebooks ... SEQ runns on the linux-server :). Just configure enough conf or now XML files for your EQ-Boxes with the correct IP-adr.

- Lord Crush

nino2469
07-01-2002, 01:44 PM
ok wanted to see about this one, I tried the showeq 192.x.x.x for box 1 and then showeq 192.x.x.x for the other box running eq and both seq sessions load from the first EQ box that gets into the game, I have searched and have found nothing else that helps me figure out how to do this. I may not be searching for the right thing though. Can anyone help?

Dedpoet
07-01-2002, 02:12 PM
I tried the showeq 192.x.x.x for box 1 and then showeq 192.x.x.x for the other box

Is that what you are typing? Try this:

# showeq --ip-address=192.x.x.x

You have to include that "--ip-address=" part on the command line. If you are doing that, I apologize for increasing my post count, but it wasn't clear from your reply.

nino2469
07-01-2002, 02:31 PM
actually I will try that Dedpoet, i was just typing show 192.x.x.x

I will let ya know if it works :)