PDA

View Full Version : My site has been updated

BlueAdept
05-07-2002, 03:22 PM
Actually totally re-designed.

As a warning, it does use flash now. I know, a lot of people dont like flash, but it was easy and looks nice now.

A new set of filters based on the spawnlogs.txt done by Nobody, the new libeq.a and my old filters are back up on the site.

Currently only the http://www27.brinkster.com/blueadept and/or the http://www.seqstuff.cjb.net are updated. The rest of the mirrors should be updated tonight or tomorrow.

Some sections of the page are not complete yet, but all the files are there.

Nobody
05-08-2002, 09:37 AM
Nice look.

Segmenting it off like that makes it much cleaner and less cluttered.

Mr Guy
05-08-2002, 10:05 AM
I tried to resist this, and I'm sure you've heard it before, but I couldnt help it.

Listen, if Nobody helps you, then it's pretty obvious Nobody cares. ESPECIALLY if Nobody wants to be the first one to complement you. How good can it possibly be if Nobody likes it? Now some Guy can come and bash on you, and Nobody will defend you. Any Guy out there could say crap, and Nobody will stick up for you.

Maybe you should just stop trying so hard, then Nobody would miss you.

/rimshot

By the way, this guy thinks it looks pretty good. I mean, it's not white text on a black background, but it'll do. ;)

Nobody
05-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Ok, I'll follow.

Damn, leave the man alone, he's doing a great job out there!

BlueAdept
05-08-2002, 01:54 PM
Well it used to be a white background with black text...I thought I would be wild and reverse that.

Zaphod
05-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Flash is one of Bertoxxulous' own offspring... ;)

Other than that, keep up the good work.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Bartholomew
05-09-2002, 11:04 AM
hi, stupid question time.

Ive used SEQ for 10 months or so, and have never taken advantage of Filtering, Item identification, etc. Ive simply used the default product.

What will Filtering do for me ? Will it remove the NPC Doors, Traps, etc ?

I see your webpage BlueAdept, looks like you have taken a good amount of your own time to put these filters together, so I figured I would give them a shot.

Another question has to do with the Item Database, or lack there of. Can we add to it ? if so, how can I clearly identify Item_01 from Item_02 ? Ive watched Meteor Dust drop from mobs in The Grey with different Item Numbers, so Im not sure if there are multiple numbers for the same item, etc. Seems like another large effort to put together a database for these.

I did a search for these questions, and didnt really get any specific answers, so Im hoping you can answer these.

Dedpoet
05-09-2002, 12:50 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the item identification only works for items that mobs are holding/wearing. Dropped items aren't sent to the client, and SEQ can't see what isn't there.

Cryonic
05-09-2002, 01:12 PM
SEQ can see what is dropped on the ground though.

BlueAdept
05-09-2002, 03:27 PM
Well filters (well the ones on my website) are really just rare spawns. It will highlight the mob. If you want a line drawn to the mob, you have to put it under hunt.

If you take the time to learn regex, you can do some very nice things with filtering. You can hide mobs you dont want to see (example orcs) you can filter out levels (make all those green dots go away). You can have it highlight mobs in the certain levels you want. You can do a lot more too. Just takes a bit of time to figure it out.

As for loot, the only things it shows is what is in their hands and what is on the ground. It used to show the info correctly, but I dont know why it doesnt now (now shows like UR2L33T) (dont really care about it so never looked it up).

Dedpoet
05-09-2002, 03:28 PM
Yes, because at that point, the information has been sent to the client. Can you imagine if mob drops were sent to the client, and SEQ could see them? Most people would -never- have a chance to get any good items except by buying them. All the "green farmers" (damn, I hate those people) would have all the loot all the time. I'm actually very happy that there is no way to see what a mob is going to drop. At least this way everyone has the same chance at getting the same loot from the same mobs.

Hehe, sorry, that was a little rant ridden...

BlueAdept
05-09-2002, 03:35 PM
Actually Im not happy with my site. At first I thought it looked kind of cool, but it is a pain to edit.

I might do some more re-designing in the near future. Im also looking to maybe add a small message board on there to alert me to spawns that need to be added or changed.

Just kicking around some ideas.

Catt
05-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Great site:

The daily bandwidth limit for this member has been exceeded. Try again after midnight, EST.
Click here for more information.

Time for a real server?

Edit:

Or maybe get rid of the fluff (flash) it's for webpages without any other redeeming values.

If a webpage is worth it's text it doesn't need flash/java/dancing doughnuts/other BS.

jackfrost
05-09-2002, 09:39 PM
www.9cy.com seems pretty decent... of course my site doesnt get a lot of traffic so dont remember if there is a bandwidth limit.

I'd check it out.

BlueAdept
05-10-2002, 06:52 AM
Brinkster redid their site last night. That is probably why you got that message.

I get 500megs of bandwith a month. The small files I have on there and site should not amount to a fraction of that.

Either someone was hammering the site or they were just updating.

Catt, since you are the one criticizing my site, how about finding me a perm, non pay, site with no banners and where the file size and a higher bandwith than I have now. Otherwise it will stay right where its at.

I also dont have the time to get creative and design a web site. That was a prefab template I used. If you want to volunteer your services to create me a free, nice looking web site that is easy to add text to, Im all for it.

I also checked out the 9cy.com site. It has pop ups (they call them pop unders). I hate popups so Ill probably pass on it. Maybe Ill toss a mirror on there and get rid of the crosswinds mirror.

BlueAdept
05-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Well I did it...

I re-redesigned the site. No more flash. No java no nothing except for a few gif buttons.

At least it makes editing it a lot easier.

All the mirrors have been upgraded to the newest version.

Catt
05-11-2002, 11:35 PM
Looks very nice!

And faster too!

Dirtface
05-16-2002, 12:42 PM
Dumb question, but recently had to do a Linux rescue and I beleive I have two different versions of SEQ on my drive.

Long story short, I sompletely lost track of where specific files go. Hell, I had to guess where to put the new LibEq. Thank god I got it right.

Anyhow, all I need is a quick reply, where do I put the filters.conf (assuming im downloading from Blueadept)

jackfrost
05-16-2002, 03:55 PM
i believe the filters go in /usr/local/share/showeq

Zaphod
05-31-2002, 01:35 AM
I definetly like the new flash-less site. I think it has just enough blue, not too much, not too little.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

BlueAdept
05-31-2002, 06:13 AM
Thanks Zaphod.

Got a new filters based on spawnlists that should go up sometime this weekend.

Unfortunately been having some RL problems that have been consuming my time (getting sued by a lady who I got into a minor fender bender with (no damage to either car but she is claiming that she is disabled for life). The suit is against me personally and against my insurance company. The accident happend a month ago but her injuries JUST cropped up after she spoke to a lawyer.

I hate money grubbing thiefs and think that all lawyers should be hung from the nearest tree limb.

Now there is an Idea for a MMORPG. A game where you get to kill all the lawyers and kill the people who try to exploit a situation (like the lady who spilled McDonalds coffee on herself and got awarded something like 20 million because she was too stupid to realize that coffee is HOT (now it is printed on every cup so they dont get sued again)).

Zaphod
05-31-2002, 10:17 AM
Heh, I could see that in a game... hmm.... *Zaphod envisions the Law offices of Scam & Scammer zone with a MOB named Dane M Schullman (advertises on TV in my area), and... hmmm....

On another note, I believe a non-English speaking person (especially Spanish or French speaking) could still try to go after McDonalds for not making the warning tri-lingual... The problem isn't just the lawyers, it's the laws that allow this type of frivolous suit with little fear of repercussions on the part of both the plaintiff and their lawyer. Currently a suit has to be very obviously frivolous and/or false to even try to re-coup your legal fees for defending yourself.

Good luck BlueAdept.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

BlueAdept
05-31-2002, 07:12 PM
Well a little good news....

Going to hit 5000 tonight. Only 7 people to go.

I also added the new EQW on the site.

fryfrog
05-31-2002, 08:17 PM
if you still need some free space, i can see what i can do. i am supposed to get some free hosting from the company i work for but have never really looked into it cause i just host on my little linux box.

it wouldn't have popups or lame ass bandwidth limits that you could hit (assuming you don't do warez) BUT you would have to have a domain name and it would have to be pointed to the ip of the server and possibly giving them... damn, whats it called... zone access... er, have internic point dns to our dns... if you know what i mean.

send me an email at fryfrog at hotmail dot com and i'll see what i can do, if you really did want free space w/ no popups or stuff.

BlueAdept
06-01-2002, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the offer Fryfrog. I think that brinkster site is fine. It gives me asp capibilities and allows 500 megs of data transfer a month with a 50 meg limit per day. Unless someone was really hammering the site, I dont see why I should have hit the daily limit. I sat an added up every file and it is still not even 1/2 of a meg. That is including the message board files, all the filters (both zip and tar formats), all the images and such.

All the menus and pictures total 44146 bytes. Which is actually a larger footprint than my old flash site, but dont seem to have any problems.

Infact, Im probably going to put up a real message board there soon to see how it does.

If worse comes to worse, I do have my own site. I really could put it up there if need be.

With the 2 other mirrors of the site that are usually kept up to date (crosswinds has given me some problems with the member section closed, but they are all updated now).