PDA

View Full Version : Question about ShowEQ +Router+Hub+Network Settings

CelestialOne
05-07-2002, 07:42 PM
Hi there,

I know this might be a little silly question but, I was wondering. Can ShowEQ be run on a 4-Port Router Switch Hub? Like a example;

Modem ----- ( 4-Port Router ) --------- ( Hub ) -------- PC1 & PC2

Since ShowEQ is only going to filter the IP of the Machine Runing the EQ Client then, It dosen't really need to be the Router and Firewall dosen't it?

If that right there dosen't work for any reason can ya please tell me the reasons here why is not a good idea and what ya think it would happen if that set up was like that.

Also some advice on that will be the best way to set it up for a person that have. Two PCs and a Hub and maybe soon a Router.

The Reason I ask that is cause, PC1 have XP Pro and PC 2 have Linux & 98 on it. Do in case I want to use 98 then I don't want to mess up the network or have to unplug wires and change things around everytime I change from Linux Mandrake to Window 98.

Thanks In Advance for any tip, info or sujestions.

monster69
05-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Yes, that setup will work fine with one hitch. You MUST make sure that your hub is actually a hub and not a switch. If you search on these boards you will find specific brands and models that will and wont work.

Good luck!

Monster

CelestialOne
05-07-2002, 08:36 PM
ok Cool thanks Mosterr69!