PDA

View Full Version : WOOOOT - Thank you for Quick Fix :-))))

LordCrush
05-08-2002, 01:51 PM
To all the people in the dev-team:

thank you for the fix for today´s patch - ist working again :D

Great :D

Regards

- Lord Crush

ladybat
05-08-2002, 01:54 PM
please what is the fix and how does one get it?

myleftfoot
05-08-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ladybat
please what is the fix and how does one get it?

Try cvs and check the history of posts here.

I also laud the quick fix for the update! It was really great; I logged on (after downloading the new libEQ.a) and figured it would be FUBAR. I was right. A few minutes after I first logged on, the CVS commit went in.

I simply did:
cvs update -d
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

as root, and it was sweetness and life. It helps that I have gcc-3.0.1 and g++-3.0.1 aliased in my .bashrc now, along with the different $QTDIR. Much less painful than last time I tried to do this. And it even compiles in a reasonable amount of time on an old pentium 2 266!

ladybat
05-08-2002, 02:05 PM
the update should be run form the root directory of seq correct? ( the local/usr/bin? )

and also the new libeq....I understand there is a location to obtain it in the readme file of the new update?

thank you!

ladybat
05-08-2002, 02:09 PM
actually the root the cvs should be run fomr

/root/showeq correct?

bear with me I am completely self taught on linux which means I make ALOT of mistakes....but IM learning.....not too bad for a 40 year old woman who didnt even know what linux was a year ago :)

myleftfoot
05-08-2002, 02:17 PM
The "cvs update -d" command should be run from whichever directory you originally did your cvs checkout to. In my case, it was /home/username/projects/showeq , since I have a whole bunch of other projects in various CVS repositories.

I recommend you only run the "make install" as root. Here's a quick primer if you're getting it again:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq
cvs login
(no password)
cvs co showeq
cd showeq
export QTDIR=/opt/qt (that's where I have qt compiled with gcc3...)
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
alias gcc=gcc-3.0.1
alias g++=gcc-3.0.1
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make
sudo make install
(alternately, su and then make install, I just use sudo on all of my UNIX machines.)

edit: Dang, I hate smilies when I'm trying to post shell stuff...

ladybat
05-08-2002, 02:22 PM
well I ran it from root/showeq becasue I beleive that is where I ran if fomr orignally

I saw it do some files with a P and some with a U ( which I think means update)

however the readme.libeq file still has a date of dec on it.....so I dont think I did it the correct way

myleftfoot
05-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Same here. Do a "cvs log" on README.libEQ, and you'll see it hasn't been changed in some time. Where the libEQ.a files live hasn't changed, just the files themselves have changed. See the most recent date in the log, December 29. You can also simply do "cvs status" on a file to make sure that you have the most current revision.

HTH!

ladybat
05-08-2002, 02:31 PM
I gotr the message

"failed to open /root/.cvpass for reading

BUT then it looked like it went ahead and updated

I saw the messages

cvs server: updating doc
cvs server: updating linux

etc etc

and some
P maps/Acrylia.map etc

BUT when I go and look at the readme.libeq file it "still" shows a date of dec and it shows azrials ftp site.

so I am wondering two things before I go and do a make

did I get the update ok AND I need to get a new libeq file I belive but am unsure as to where to get it as az's ftp site sitll shows a date of dec

I think I have done somehting wrong here

ladybat
05-08-2002, 02:35 PM
ahhhhhh so then I should still be ok with my current libeq since it was working and I shoudl then go ahead then and in my root/showeq dir do the

make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

correct?

I had previoulsy updated the qt files so the only thing I may have to do then is simply pulg in the IP again in the conf file?

( bear with me I AM learning and you are being very helpful)

myleftfoot
05-08-2002, 02:45 PM
Yes, your instructions are correct. There seems to have been a decoding bug in the old version of libEQ.a, but you can continue to get by on the old one. I recommend updating to the latest, though.

But yes, once you've done a CVS update, what you say will work fine as long as your $QTDIR is set, and gcc-3/g++-3 are your default compilers. I choose to set the compilers via an alias when working with apps that depend on gcc3, but others prefer to set the compiler flags in the makefile or configure. To each his own.

ladybat
05-08-2002, 02:50 PM
the make is still runnign lol will beawhile but yes I had changed to the new qt's awhile back so IM ok there I think....

I am uncertain though as to where to get a newer libeq...the reamd file lists az's ftp as a location...is that one newer then the one I currently have?

and if I do replace the libeq do I need to redo a make etc over again or is it just a matter of replacing the libeq file and runngin seq?

( I never ahd too many problems with the old libeq otehr then the occasional "streaking" of pc's but that was no bigee)

myleftfoot
05-08-2002, 02:56 PM
I'm way off topic for the post at this point, so I've moved to private messages, hope you don't mind. Didn't mean to hijack a "congratulations" post into a "user help" post :)

ladybat
05-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Hugs and kisses to the developers and to leftie for helping me out. thanks!!!!!!! you are a sweetie

you too ratt!!

Toadman
05-09-2002, 03:44 AM
I want to say thanks so getting Showeq up so fast. Outstanding Job ;)