PDA

View Full Version : Errors with new patch?

Musashi
05-08-2002, 02:07 PM
Anyone else having a problem with the new patch? For example, I log into EQ, and load up SEQ. While locations are displayed and decoding occurs eventually, the map does not load. I open the map file, and it works perfectly.

However, when you zone, no map is loaded, and after a few minutes, the screen is full of dots with large lines streaking across. The showeq data window is full of:

WARNING: Decoded NewSpawnCode (4921) (dataLen:226 != sizeof(newSpawnStruct):178)!

I tried loading Showeq before EQ, and while the map stayed the same for about 2 minutes, it did the same thing as above while in the same zone. I've ran the CVS update and updated libEQ.a. Any ideas?

Eibwen
05-08-2002, 02:47 PM
the fix to todays patch hasnt been posted yet, keep eye out for it tho, it will be done, the devs are excellent with this.

CelestialOne
05-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Ok cool friend thanks! :)

I was having problems also and it sucks I lost cordination and lost a 8th ring War today man, I have to start all over :(

By the way how we do upgrade it so it can be fix? :confused:

myleftfoot
05-08-2002, 03:01 PM
check the woot thread on the general forum for my response on a similar vein. In short, it goes like this:

alias gcc=gcc-3.0.1
alias g++=g++-3.0.1
export QTDIR=/opt/qt (or wherever you put your gcc-3 compiled version of qt)
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH

cd /your/showeq/directory (where you originally did your CVS checkout)
cvs update -d
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
su -
(enter root password)
make install

That should do it. Download the new libEQ.a, make sure the md5sum of what you downloaded matches the md5sum posted in the Announcements section here (ergo, "md5sum libEQ.a" and compare), copy that libEQ.a to /usr/lib, and you're done.

CelestialOne
05-08-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I did what you told but I got a error message saying ;

>> Found version.: 2.3.1
>>> Headers......... /usr/lib/qt2/include/
configure: error: Please Make sure 2.3.2 or later is installed!!!

2.3.2 what is install?

high_jeeves
05-08-2002, 04:18 PM
You must have missed this step from the post above, Celestial... Please double check the instructions before you post problems here...

export QTDIR=/opt/qt (or wherever you put your gcc-3 compiled version of qt)

--Jeeves

CelestialOne
05-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Sorry high_jeeves!

I miss something that was my problem I was guiding the command somewere else. I then realize when I was doing the installation were it was suppost to go.

My apologies for this post. Thanks Again!.

Mr. Suspicious
05-08-2002, 07:57 PM
I did what you told but I got a error message saying ;

>> Found version.: 2.3.1
>>> Headers......... /usr/lib/qt2/include/
configure: error: Please Make sure 2.3.2 or later is installed!!!

2.3.2 what is install?

Had this myself to, Seq worked well. After I DLed the new libEQ today and did:

cvs update -d
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make

I got the same error... you received.

So I hurried over to /usr/bin/ and looked for qt2-2.3.2 only to discover in my horror... that I didn't have it *argl* somehow I had qt2-2.3.1, so I dl'ed qt-2.3.2 and am now facing a PC that's already 6 hours compiling the darn thing =P

Not sure if the use of qt-2.3.2 is new or something (would think not) and wonder now why ShowEQ worked well before.

One question tho for the Linux-experts here, it's a tad offtopic, but during the "make" of qt2-2.3.2 I notice a lot of warnings, for example:

"Warning: unused parameter `QXmlInputSource*ret'"

Will those give me any troubles in the long run, or should I just restart with a clean slate and reinstall Red Hat 7.2 to be sure everything will work out fine?

myleftfoot
05-09-2002, 10:31 PM
If you receive warnings during compilation, those are non-fatal. If you see "error", THAT is fatal, and your compile will dump shortly thereafter.

Warnings simply imply that it's possible that:
1) the source code has issues with variables being declared but unused, or other poor coding practices, or
2) the code is set up in a way that the compiler doesn't agree with, but may nevertheless be viable code, or
3) the compiler is flagged to be pedantic about any coding style issues.

Sometimes warnings are pulled from the code itself, and tossed into each compile as a reminder to the programmer that something needs to be fixed. In any case, if the compile exits with a zero exit status, you are fine.

fryfrog
05-09-2002, 10:37 PM
also, don't forget to be SURE that your qt-2.3.2 is compiling with gcc-3.0.1/4 and not just "gcc" or "g++". it looks like you are on mandrake, so you SHOULD see gcc-3.0.4 (or .1) or g++-3.0.4 (or .1).