Sneaky
05-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Just updating after todays patch I get the following error during make:

make[2]: *** [m_preferences.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make[1] *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I have updated every patch since Feburary and I have never received this so I am assuming it is patch related. Anyone have any ideas?

Sneaky
05-08-2002, 05:50 PM
OK I redid the CVS checkout and got the entire download this time and it worked. (at least it compiled...) Something up with CVS?

Catt
05-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Did you:

make -f Makefile.dist

??

satellitedud
05-08-2002, 09:28 PM
to start off with i would definetly describe myself as a Noob when it comes to linux. I am getting about the same error on the make command. tried redownloading as previous poster did but didnt seem to fix the problem.

decode.cpp:306:7 : invalid preprocessing directive #nerrorcode
decode.cpp:307:34: invalid preprocessing directive #pbUncompressedData
decode.cpp In method 'int EQDecode::DecodePacket (const unit*_t*, unsignned int, unit8_t*, wint32_t*, const char*)
decode.cpp:300: warning: 'int nErrorCode 'might be used uninitialzed in this function
make(2): ***[decode.o] Error 1
make(2): Leaving directory '/root/showeq/src
make(1)" *** [All-recursive] Error 1
make(1) Leaving directory '/root/showeq
make: ***[all-recursive-am] error 2

thats it.. tried it twice following exactly what myleftfoot left on another post..

please help me, really missing seq

many many thanks in advance satellitedud

edit, and yes i did make -f Makefile.dist

Kipper
05-10-2002, 11:40 AM
This is my first time ever trying to compile SEQ.

This is the error I get when tryng to compile:

c++ -g -02 -o <object code> -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib -lqt -IEQ /usr/lib/libgdbm.so -lz -lpcap -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt

The rest of the error is just the recursive directory exit stuff.

QT: 3.0.4
GCC: 3.0.4

high_jeeves
05-10-2002, 11:43 AM
-lqt is try to link in your libqt library... which is either in the wrong place, or you have your QT directory set incorrectly..

--Jeeves

halmaco
05-10-2002, 12:29 PM
I have been running SEQ for more than a year without any problems until now. Like Kipper, I am also getting the error message towards the end of the make command. I have not touched my QT directory since I installed 7.2 so no clue why it wont properly update after getting the most recent CVS. If it helps, I have been following the tgf install thread and until last night, never had an install or update issue. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Kipper
05-10-2002, 12:52 PM
Thanks, fixed it

halmaco
05-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Kipper, what did you do to fix it if you don't mind me asking as I have tried everything including a full reinstall of 7.2.

high_jeeves
05-10-2002, 01:35 PM
You probably just dont have your QT dir set correctly... A full re-install was not necessary to fix that, just have to make sure you set it before you build...

--Jeeves

Kipper
05-10-2002, 02:14 PM
What I did to fix it, was that when i looked in the /lib directory, I found that there ws no libqt.so symbolic link pointing to the newly compiled libqt version 3.0.4. I know I did this wrong, but couldn't remember how to do a symbolic link, I made a copy of the v3.0.4 library and renamed it libqt.so, it compiled without errors, I haven't run the program to see if it works properly.

halmaco
05-10-2002, 02:44 PM
Thanks Jeeves. I have searched this site for the better part of two hours and can find nothing on how to set that libqt directory. I have been fiddling with Linux for more than a year and I'm sure its an easy fix, but I guess in my frustration, I have a mental block on this. Any help would be appreciated.

high_jeeves
05-10-2002, 02:52 PM
Ummm.. set the QT_DIR environment variable like it says to do in every walkthrough...

make sure you follow each step in the walkthrough, otherwise it isnt going to work...

--Jeeves

halmaco
05-10-2002, 03:04 PM
Thanks, will try that again. I had been bash seq.txt, I will try it manually this time! Thanks again Jeeves.