PDA

View Full Version : Sites to get libEQ.a

ebola123
05-08-2002, 08:17 PM
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I went to both sites listed in the README.libEQ and met with no success. http://www.krisp.com/snapshot.html is apparently not online at the moment (getting unknown host)... and ftp://smurfette.trifocus.net/pub/libeq asks me for a login and password.... to which I tried many things and was never able to login anonymously or otherwise. Am I missing something? I assume I am and would greatly appreciate any help. BTW, I did search the forums already, and came up with nothing helpful in this

high_jeeves
05-08-2002, 08:23 PM
The thing that really cracks me up about this one is:

If you click on the links your own post generated, you get to libEQ... this is one of the funnier posts i've ever seen!

--Jeeves

ebola123
05-08-2002, 08:35 PM
On my redhat 7.3 system, both links exhibit the exact behavior I described. However, on my XP system, the FTP site allows me to get the libEQ.a file without a login/password. Krisp, on the other hand, still times out looking for the site.

Funny or not, I am not crazy, nor a complete moron. There is obviously something odd here. Unfortunately, I am not savvy enough to know how to transfer the libEQ.a file from my XP machine to my Linux box, so I am back at square one. Is there some setting on the Konqueror browser I need to set perhaps so it allows me to access the site just as I did on my XP machine, or perhaps I need to use ftp from a command line?

high_jeeves
05-08-2002, 10:10 PM
ftp from command line works, as does mozilla, wget...

--Jeeves

bonkersbobcat
05-08-2002, 10:16 PM
If you got libEQ to your windows machine you can put it on a floppy and have your linux machine read it. It would, of course, be simpler just to download the file to your linux machine.

casey
05-09-2002, 05:29 AM
but I went to both sites listed in the README.libEQ and met with no success. http://www.krisp.com/snapshot.html is apparently not online at the moment (getting unknown host)... and ftp://smurfette.trifocus.net/pub/libeq asks me for a login and password....

if krisp.com is in your README.libEQ, you really need to update your CVS.

"Revision 1.3 Sat Dec 29 14:55:28 2001 UTC (4 months, 1 week ago) by cwebster "

is the date of the change to README.libEQ that took krisps site out of that file, and updated the other sites in the list.

and when it asks for a username and password, the convention is to login as "anonymous" with the password as your email address.

xfesty
05-09-2002, 05:45 AM
I've posted this as a reply under the "ShowEQ Announcements" board, but here's probably more suitable : sorry for the crosspost guys.

--

To the maintainer of the debian apt source : why isnt the latest libEQ.a here? I've apt-get update'd, and it claims that I do in fact have the latest libEQ.a installed, but the md5sum is completely different.

root@peeky[~]# apt-get install libeq
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, libeq is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 42 not upgraded.
root@peeky[~]# md5sum /usr/lib/libEQ.a
4e9d9772132fc63ea8860cc2fdb2905d /usr/lib/libEQ.a

How is today's patch going to affect things?

- xfesty

xfesty
05-09-2002, 05:48 AM
Might help if I actually said what apt sources I was using, eh?

root@x[~]# cat /etc/apt/sources.list | grep showeq
deb ftp://azriel.trifocus.net/debian dists/showeq/
deb-src ftp://azriel.trifocus.net/debian dists/showeq/