PDA

View Full Version : Received Error in qt compile

Neocount
05-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Keep in mind, the error was hand typed, because for some reason I couldn't copy /paste after the compile exited.

This happened after about onehour through compiling qt-2.3.2

Any help greatly appreciated.

g++-3.0.4 -L/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/lib -W1, -rpath,/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/lib
-lpthread -o ./guithreads main.o -lqt-mt
collect2: ld returned one exit status
make[3]: *** [guithreadds] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/examples/guithreads
make[2]: *** [src-mt] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
make[1]: *** [src-mt] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
make: *** [init] Error 2

high_jeeves
05-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Why is it that when people post error messages they always, without fail, only post make exiting from the directory? Look at the error message you posted, and tell me where it actually says what the error is! It doesnt! Please post the error message instead of make leaving directories... look before you post!

--Jeeves

Neocount
05-09-2002, 03:32 PM
somehow i knew that whatever I posted it would be wrong... sorry about that jeeves... re-running the make, I'll try and find something more along the lines of an error message thistime.

Neocount
05-09-2002, 03:41 PM
-s libqt-mt.so.2.3.2 libqt-mt.so.2; ln -s libqt-mt.so.2.3.2 libqt-mt.so.2.3
/bin/sh: g++3.0.4: command not found
make[3]: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/src'

I think that may be instead what you are looking for Jee, apologies again for the poorly submitted beginning of this thread.

Running mandrake 8.2 also, with gcc-3.0.4

(Those were the changes I made to lines 3,4, 35, and 59 as per the how-to.

high_jeeves
05-09-2002, 04:20 PM
You have a clock skew.. that usually means that for whatever reason, a file has a date beyond your current date... Make sure your system date is set correctly. If you are some where far enough away (time wise) from where the CVS server is, it is also possible that you have checked out the file before it was commited (again, time wise :) ).

Might also want to take a look at tool called "touch" (type "man touch" for more info... no, that isnt a preist joke).. It can reset your file dates for you..

--Jeeves