PDA

View Full Version : issue installing

Razorwire
05-09-2002, 08:35 PM
configure: error: libEQ.a not found. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib.
I have libEQ.a copied into both directories now..

Any advice?

Thanks

fryfrog
05-09-2002, 10:03 PM
remove from both dirs and only place it in one. it should only appear once in your LIBRARY path (ie, it CAN be in /usr/lib AND /root... but not in /usr/lib and /lib).

also, make sure it is the most current... maybe try running "ldconfig" before hand, but having it in ONE place and being most current should be suffecient.

drkavngr
05-09-2002, 10:12 PM
I have the same problem, I have it just in usr/lib and I dl the libEQ.a from the site in the README.libEQ and I dont get the same md5sum as the new one posted, I get
3c99abc9855cee150c1b3fb411614db dated mon the 6th. Where is the new one?

Razorwire
05-09-2002, 10:20 PM
still getting same problem

I have correct libEQ.a according to the md5sum and it's now only in the /usr/local/lib directory.

drkavngr
05-09-2002, 10:22 PM
Where did you get yours from?

fryfrog
05-09-2002, 10:29 PM
try doing "make distclean" or "make clean" before re-running the "make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure" it might be caching it. also, be sure it really IS only in that once spot.

i like "slocate" (do "slocate -u &" to update the db, then just use "slocate libeq.a" after it is done updating). its like a find -name but much faster cause it does a "find /" then stores it in a txt file which is much faster to search than your hard drive repeatedly.

i sorta did the same thing, thought i had downloaded it to /usr/lib but i actually had put it in /root. shaddup :)

drkavngr
05-09-2002, 10:36 PM
It worked when I DL the file from my linux box, and didint work when I DL it from my winbloz and copied it to my FTP, then got it fom my linux box. weird

Razorwire
05-09-2002, 11:31 PM
I am on a fresh install of linux, got qt and libpcap all set up now only having this issue. will try the make dist-clean

Razorwire
05-10-2002, 03:38 AM
I have libEQ.a in /root and /usr/local/lib only and I am still getting a problem finding it

Am I forgetting something about LIB pathing?

Raz