PDA

View Full Version : Qt 3.0.1?

Lord3drx
05-10-2002, 05:15 AM
Do you need QT 3.0.1 for the latest version? If so, it keeps hanging while it is compiling for some reason... I am running redhat 7.3 and it has QT 3.0.3 which does not work with SEQ from what I can tell. Any suggestions on either downgrading to 7.2 ( Does not compile in 7.2 either ) or any suggestions on how to get it to compile.

fee
05-10-2002, 06:05 AM
Qt2.3.2 is the prefered version of Qt at this time. Qt3.0.1 seems to work fine for me. and Qt3.0.3 has got some funky issues with QList*, but it does work.

fee

Lord3drx
05-10-2002, 08:40 AM
Yeah I get this warning when it compiles: Qstring::shared_null and then it gets an error collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[2] *** [showeq] Error 1 make [2] Leaving directory /root/showeq/src make [1] *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make [1] Leaving directory /root/showeq make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2 Any idea why this is happening? This is with QT 3.0.3

high_jeeves
05-10-2002, 09:06 AM
Look Up, Now Left... Notice the big yellow thing.... pretty sure it says SEQ, not QT... might want to check a QT forum for help on building QT...

--Jeeves

fryfrog
05-10-2002, 10:43 AM
lord:
a.) currently i think that qt-3.0.4 is most recent
b.) that error i assume is while you are compiling seq and trying to use qt-3.0.3 or something. to ME it looks like you did not compile your qt-2.3.2 or qt-3.0.x with gcc3/gcc-3.0.1/4.

DrLinux
05-10-2002, 04:43 PM
was I kept forgeting to ./configure -thread. And make sure you have $QTDIR properly exported.

It gave me a headache for soooooooo long until I realized that my new version of QT had not been compiled with the -thread flag (I compiled it late at night while stoned) and noticed that the makefiles were pointing at /usr/lib/qt-2.3.1 which was scewing up. Not sure why, but I think if configure in seq can't find -qmt or some shit like that it looks for a suitable qt in specified paths (/usr/lib being one of them). The problem here is that if you have qt-2.3.2 installed without -thread, ./configure will see that you have the right version and not complain, compile fine, but then spew all these linker errors.

Just what solved my prob...