PDA

View Full Version : Odd thing I am seeing

domesticbeer
05-10-2002, 12:35 PM
First off thanks to all the Devs love the program.

Now to my situation.
I have the most recent CVS as of may 8th and libEQ.a. I am noticing that the channel messages (guildsay say shout groupsay) are not getting decoded. Eventually this will cause every thing in the terminal window to turn to garbage characters but Showeq will continue to run fine.
Any Ideas?
Specs
Redhat 7.2
Athlon 1.2ghz
256mb memory
QT2.3.2
ShowEQ 4.1

high_jeeves
05-10-2002, 01:33 PM
I have a brilliant idea.. search first... you are now the 6th person to report this problem... only 999,994 more to go before we get our millionth customer!!

--Jeeves

domesticbeer
05-10-2002, 03:26 PM
I did search, and havent found the 6post that you are refering to. What I did find was alot of posts about the problems prior to the cvs update to fix ShowEQ after the 5/9 patch, only one with anything near what i am seeing, but no solution short of doing another cvs update.

high_jeeves
05-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Well, a quick search came up with this one.. it was the one actually responded to, although i did find quite a few other reports of the bug:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1094

--Jeeves

domesticbeer
05-10-2002, 03:55 PM
didnt search for the key word odd messages.
I am actually more worried as to why the terminal session turns to garbage characters. I figured that the chan messages were changed had not been updated in the code. I was thinking that perhaps that was a cause to the problem.

high_jeeves
05-10-2002, 04:01 PM
certain characters change the keyset of the console.. that is why eventually your whole console goes funny on you.. I searched for "channel" BTW...

--Jeeves

domesticbeer
05-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Cool that is what I was looking for thanks Jeeves