PDA

View Full Version : make install error

Lurker
05-11-2002, 12:45 AM
Ok, I've used seq for a while (more than a year) and I'm getting an error even when I do a complete deletion of all seq info and directories.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
---------------------

I have rm'd everything and have the latest libEQ.a (md5 checked out) only one copy of libEQ.a in /usr/lib dir.

never had problems with compile or running SEQ til now.
Not well versed in linux but have been running seq since I had RH 5 installed and have installed several times with no major mishaps.

I tried a complete install of RH and seq to no avail, still getting the same error.

Any ideas?
>>>>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt<<<<

I suspect this is the problem but no idea how to interpret it

thanks
Long time Lurker :confused:

btw- Thanks for the great product - well supported for Linux idiots like me

high_jeeves
05-11-2002, 08:35 AM
Sigh.. I answered this question twice yesterday... you missed a step in the install guide...

--Jeeves

Kipper
05-11-2002, 09:54 AM
Actually Jeeves, for me it was not that I had the QTDIR set wrong, it was that for some reason the file libqt.so was not created, the moment I created this file and set a symbolic link to libqt.3.0.4.so, everything compiled fine.

Lurker
05-11-2002, 09:56 AM
I didn't do a new search after I read everything on Thurs.

I found the reference now -lqt

used the seq.txt for updates - now I will move my qt dir to match hmm or maybe just change the seq.txt easier

thanks

hmm qtdir is ok-

I'll try the symbolic link

Kipper
05-11-2002, 10:05 AM
Also in my ld.conf.so file I edited it to point to the directory that I had compiled the new qt library in. I changed it from /??/qt3/lib to /usr/local/qt-3.0.4/lib