PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

clegg
05-11-2002, 02:40 AM
heya, i came accross a lan where a friend is wanting to setup seq, but due to some restriction on his side, he needs to have the windows machine (the one with EQ) as the internet gateway too ..... currently this means no data broadcasted on lan hence no seq. I thought maybe i cud write a layered filter driver for him that wud read all data incoming and outgoing from its dialup adapter and just broadcast it on the lan, ( one way cud be to replace the ip in the packet headers coming for the for the gateway with the local IP for the linux box) ...... ive been looking at layered drivers atm but cant get mine to work yet. so i thought ill talk here with u guyz and see waht u say, i know u might not even approve of such a thing but if so, id like u to let me know, and if not, then id appreciate any imput regarding the matter =)

regards.
clegg

high_jeeves
05-11-2002, 08:33 AM
Do a search for udpecho... Another member on this forum (winseq) wrote a tool which does exactly what you are looking for.... This tool isnt supported by the seq staff, so use at your own risk, but I havnt heard anything bad about it...

--Jeeves

clegg
05-11-2002, 10:00 AM
thanx a lot =)

i found the post from winseq with the link in it but not working atm ... of particular interest to me was the fact that he ahd included the source, i guess ill wait till he comes around and shows me some alternate method to get it.