PDA

View Full Version : CVS Commit, May 11, 2002

Zaphod
05-11-2002, 11:28 AM
dohpaZ (11/05/02)
------------------
Modifications:
version 4.2.0
Applied patch #539485 "spells update" by wyvern (mvern)
Applied patch #554633 "Default Parameter/Minimum Size Fixes" by asdf (adenine)
Applied fixes from Ryntar's "Some bug fixes..." post from 5/10/2002
Fixed language handling
Fixed so that recieving a position update on a just deleted spawn will no longer create an unknown spawn
Packet Structure Changes
- channelMessageStruct
- charProfileStruct
Added support for a per-map default zoom level
Added ability to set window captions from the Interface menu
Added map menu options to control map repainting.
Added Network menu options to allow setting of various parameters previously only exposed via the config file
Added the ability to change the Save State options from a sub-menu off of the Options menu.
Added ability to control creation of unknown spawns from the Options menu
Added map menu option for controlling the display of unknown spawns on a per-map basis.
Made some of the default settings more slow machine friendly: AnimateSpawns(false), ShowDoors(false), ShowDroppedCoins(false), CacheChanges(true), FastMachine(false), FrameRate(5), SaveState Spawns(false)
Removed the code to prevent using Qt command line arguments since a number of useful options are/were not supported via ShowEQ GUI or command line
Actually made the Spawn list, Stat List, Skill List, and Spell List dynamic again and only created when needed. Thereby finally fixing the regressions introduced in interface.cpp version 1.16 on 22/02/02.
Made FastMachine meaningful. It now just controls 2D integer vs. 3D floating point distance calculation. Previously it also forced a map repaint on every change that effected a visible map element, which actually ended up having the opposite of the intended effect.
No longer save preferences on exit, only save when user chooses to via the menu "File" -> "Save Preferences" or via the CTRL+S accelerator
Migrated to an XML based preference system.[list=a]
The configuration file seqdef.xml contains the ShowEQ defaults and will usually only be modified to change site specific things, if ever.
The user configuration file showeq.xml can be used as a template to create user specific overrides of specific options. It contains Category Manager and Message Box (Channel messages) window descriptions by default. Many user settable parameters may now be set via the GUI and will be saved to this file via the "File" menu's "Save Preferences" option.
The DTD describing the specific XML format used in the files is called seqpref.dtd for those who understand such things.
[/list=a]

Notes:
Make sure to do a clean build and install, starting from 'make -f Makefile.dist' and ending with a make install.
The old configuration files will no longer be used, a method for migrating configuration information from these files has not been provided.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

g0hst
05-11-2002, 12:46 PM
nice, very nice.

Nobody
05-11-2002, 06:25 PM
Is there a command line option to specify a diff config file? --help doesn't work and -o isn't working also.

I can zone and it'll load my maps but no filters or display spawns of any sort. I zoned in and let it sit for a good while (people were killing in the zone so mobs should repopped)

guice
05-11-2002, 10:27 PM
Nice patch but missing something.

Font Size! Everything's so bloody small in the spawn's list I can't seen a buggin things.

Any chance to get the Font Size option added to the new XML options file. ;)

guice
05-11-2002, 10:32 PM
bah, nix what I said. I'm looking in showeq.xml, not seqdef.xml

I'm a dumbass, I know. :p

TweedleDee
05-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Just finished downloading the new LibEQ.a and recompiling after the CVS. Looks absolutely beautiful! Well Done Guys :)

vmlinuz
05-11-2002, 11:21 PM
Did this update also include the option for not displaying unknown spawns? I have 2 versions of seq working on either side of me, the one updated today has the option to display or not display unknown spawns, but i'm not sure that it works.

I updated the seq code with cvs today for an old seq machine. It looked perfect but when i zoned in to a zone i know well, only about half of the spawns had decoded and were being displayed on the map. There were missing spawns, that i think would normally show up as unknown that did not.

I checked it and the option to display the unknown spawns was turned on, but even when i zoned, i could see myself, but not the usual swarming grey dots that would suffice until the zone decrypted.

all the other changes seem good, i don't see why the pref files should be xml, but whatever. Thank you's to all those that work hard on this project.

steve
05-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Aye, the Create Unknown Spawns option appears to be broken. It will not show any unknown spawns on the map, regardless if it's checked or not.

That is, unless I'm using it incorrectly. I doubt it though.

jbjam
05-12-2002, 02:35 AM
You guys are great, just want to commend you on your abilities=)

Zaphod
05-12-2002, 07:42 AM
Create Unknown Spawns and Show Unknown Spawns are now two seperate options, see:
Added ability to control creation of unknown spawns from the Options menu
Added map menu option for controlling the display of unknown spawns on a per-map basis.

Create Unknown Spawns is controlled via the "Options" menu and control the behavior of the SpawnShell. "Show" -> "Unknown Spawns" is on each maps map menu so that it may be set differently for each map.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Hoihoi
05-12-2002, 11:52 AM
the FontSize is defined in the 'seqdef.xml' file. might want to move it to the 'showeq.xml' file

Zaphod
05-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Or not Hoihoi ;). The showeq.xml file is NOT meant to be like the old showeq.conf.dist and contain everything. It only contains the users specific overrides of options as well as the Channel MessageBox and Category definitions (both of which I'm hoping to eventually be able to remove from there as well). At some point a place to change the font will be exposed via the menu's or via a configuration dialog. If you look at the May 12, 2002 CVS commit (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1139) you'll notice a whole bunch of configuration options can now be controlled via the GUI. The goal is to make it so that 98+% of the users don't need to manually touch the configuration files.

There are many configurable options in ShowEQ, most of which previously required modifying a text configuration file to change. Numerous configuration options are legacy that don't actually do anything anymore except set unused variables in ShowEQParams. I'm slowly but surely weeding out the dead ones and adding GUI methods for configuring the live ones. I'm also trying to make the behavior of some of the live configuration options saner (See the Fast Machine setting which previously improved distance calculation speed for slow machines, when set to false, and also made the map repaint much more often and thus degraded performance on slow machines).

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)