View Full Version : Problems in latest version

Milamber
05-11-2002, 09:49 PM
My setup:

- Redhat 7.2
- DSL, no funky stuff
- Straight networking, hub connecting the machines
- Latest SEQ

Previous version worked fine until the patch.

make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

all complete without error

showeq runs and seems to see spawns and such but doesn't load the map. Also, after a short time of running, it outputs codes to the xterm that messes up the font/charset/etc.

I get a ton of messages such as

WARNING: MakeDropCode (2d20) (dataLen:226 != sizeof(makeDropStruct):242)!

and a few similar messages. WearChangeCode is another common one.

It seems the terminal garbaging starts because of ChanXX: output to the shell.

The main issue for me is the map loading/displaying though.

I also noticed that the showeq.conf.dist file was removed from the CVS tree tonight but the code still wants it there (doesn't want to run without it). I had to get version 1.18 and use it to make it behave.

I also see that the names of the spawn in the mouse-over sometimes have strange things in them.

I'm thinking that I'm probably behind in a version of one of the dependencies but ./configure didn't complain about anything...

vmlinuz
05-11-2002, 09:58 PM
You should do a 'make clean' and then 'rm -rf showeq' the old directory to make sure you have gotten rid of all the old code/object files. Then CVS the new code, and do the compile.

Milamber
05-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I did that. I also thought there might be a problem with the old maps or something and rm -rf /usr/local/share/showeq as well. Still a no-go.

Zaphod
05-12-2002, 11:04 AM
I don't know how you got your tree Milamber, but somethings messed up in it. It sounds like you somehow got some old files.

The current version doesn't even contain the string showeq.conf in the sources so it would be kinda hard for it depend on that file.

It sounds like you should delete your showeq directory entirely and get fresh sources. When you check out make sure to get the [b]showeq[b] directory and [b]NOT[b] the [i]linux[i] directory, so:

cvs co showeq

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Milamber
05-14-2002, 06:56 PM
Well, I got it working. Evidently the environment variables are required now. The only thing I did different than before was to actually set the envvars that are in that other post. I dunno if that explains why it was needing showeq.conf before though. Strangeness abounds. Anyway, it isn't broke now so I'm not gonna complain :)