PDA

View Full Version : New version/alert sounds

suprphrk
05-13-2002, 07:51 AM
I may be a bit jumping the gun here, as I just downloaded and updated the newer seq version last night, but I'm bored at work and thought I'd ask.

I've always found help on the boards here without problem, and have been using seq for about 2 years now. I just couldn't find the answer this time, probably because it's too new.

Now on to my problem. To state the obvious, there is no showeq.conf file with the latest version. Ergo, I cannot really edit that file to configure what sounds are played for what (spawn, despawn, death). I tried looking at the showeq.xml file, but didn't see any options like that in there. Knowing that it wouldn't work, I even copied my showeq.conf and ran the -o option to point to it. Sure enough, it puked.

Where do we now configure sounds? As I was sitting here this morning, I thought it may have been implemented into the GUI app itself, as a right-click or menu command. That would slightly rock! Anyway, if u wanna let me know or flame me feel free.

monster69
05-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Look under the Filters menu.

Monster

Elyon
05-13-2002, 10:59 PM
I have the sounds set. All worked fine b 4. Now, SPAWN mob sound does not work. So far, only one that I have heard work, is Locate Mob Sound. Is it just me? I have checked, double checked spelling on .wave (yes with an e on the end) file and even manually done esdplay xxxx.wave file and it plays.

Any ideas?

AlfredBorel
05-15-2002, 02:51 AM
I can't either get SPAWN sound neither with the 4.2.x versions (last tried 4.2.3).
I went through most of the hints given in this forum, such as removing the showeq dir, reload all files by CVS and make a new clean compilation, but without results. Using the esdplay in a terminal, I get sound though.

I've downgraded to the 4.1.0 using the backed up compressed binary and my sounds alerts are back... :confused:

Has anyone any idea on how to get the sounds work properly with the new versions?

Alfred

Toadman
05-16-2002, 01:41 PM
I have the same problem... no sound device working. I get the computer "beep" only.

Under the new GUI I have :

Use Audio Device ...checked
Audio commands :

Spawn
I have my old string from the config file:
/usr/bin/esdplay /usr/bin/phone.wav <---worked fine with old ver.

Any ideas would be welcome ;)

AlfredBorel
05-17-2002, 04:35 AM
Well, what I did for now is to edit the filters.conf and change the "Spawn" entries for the "Locate" and vice-versa, and assigned my spawn sound to the "Locate", as it seems to be the only sound coming out.
At least, I get alarms for my "big" spawns.

This problem should be investigated though, to have all the alarms working properly... Is it a generalized problem, or are we the only few ones to experience this ???

Cheers,

Alfred