PDA

View Full Version : First time user with a problem (nothing new I bet)

Inu_Yasha
05-13-2002, 07:55 AM
I used the newbie install instructions, I had a few problems but fixed them. After i installed showeq, run it and tell it to look for my IP it will not do anything, will not find any packets, it finds all the files ok ex. libEQ.a , filters, etc., it just will not find any packets. I think it is a network issue so heres what I got. Linksys Router connected to my Cable modem, router is connected to a Autosencing switch 10/100, then a Netgear 4 port hub 10base, to the switch, Linux system connected to the hub, I can ping the computer with EQ on it, (computer with EQ is connected to the switch). I think it might be because of the 10Base Hub, Any suggestions?

Cambik
05-13-2002, 08:07 AM
Have you tried connecting both the SEQ system and the EQ box to the hub and have the hub connected to the switch?

Internet>Switch>Hub>EQ & SEQ box.

high_jeeves
05-13-2002, 08:53 AM
Use the simple rule:

Draw a line from your EQ box to the internet... if you have a hub, continue the line to all ports on the hub...

That is EXACTLY what the packets are doing... do this in your scenario, you will find that it wont work! If EQ box is hooked to a switch, SEQ MUST be "above" the switch to hear the packets... (Hey! Congratulations, you are the 1 millionth poster who asked this question without searching!) WOOHOOO!

--Jeeves

LordCrush
05-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Jeeves... perhaps we should search an icon like 'seq dont likes switches' or 'switch it or see it' ;)

- Lord Crush