PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ crashing

Mr. Suspicious
05-14-2002, 08:20 AM
I just noticed this with version 4.2.2.

After two hours playing I was in in Rivervale, then ran to Misty Thicket, Ported from there (I'm a druid) to Sro and ran to Innothule Swamp. When I zoned from Sro into Innothule swamp all ShowEQ windows (including the terminal window) just * pooffed *

I then opened another terminal window, started ShowEQ again, zoned back into Sro, then when ShowEQ was up again, zoned back into Innothule swamp.

I proceded towards the 2nd "Hand" (the one not on the map) and when I arrived there, right clicked the map and added a "Location" (surpricingly it didn't show on the map), then I hit my gate Button (that gated me back to my bindspot Katta Castelium)

Then... ShowEQ crashed again, but this time leaving the Terminal window open, here's a few outstanding error messages I see:

1. After starting up ShowEQ right after the "Please see http://blahbla for further information":

Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

2. Just before Client detected:

INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC32 [IP -> IP] seq 0100 len 0 crc32 (00010001 != 5ffba2e0)
INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC32 [IP -> IP] seq 8180 len 75 crc32 (00015180 != e0b81964)

3. Just before Zone: EntryCode Server, Zone: innothule

EQPacket::dispatchZoneData():CharprofileCode:Not Detected

4. Right after the Timestamp "Time: 06:26 03/28/3172

EQ EPOCH OCCURRED AT 771364371 SECONDS PAST UNIX EPOCH

5. all these previous things were not critical... ran around a bit, picked some things up, then casted the gate spell and

selfFinishSpellCast - id=36, by=6
Zone: ChangeCode: Client, Zone: katta
Segmentation error

That's when ShowEQ crashed.

Hope this will be helpfull

high_jeeves
05-14-2002, 08:27 AM
If a core file was dumped, do a backtrace and post the results... search the forums for how to do that..

--Jeeves

Mr. Suspicious
05-14-2002, 08:53 AM
Ok, found a few core files using the

[]# find / -name core -print

commandline.

/dev/core/
/proce/sys/net/core/
/usr/lib/pgsql/cintrib/retep/uk/org/retep/xml/core
/usr/src/linux-2.4.7-10/net/core

Non of these look to me as ShowEQ related. Am I correct in assuming when I do:

[]# ulimit -c unlimited

That it will dump the core, next time it gives a segmentation error? And, more important for me to know, do I need to give this command each time I start ShowEQ or is it a system parameter that once set will be retained? (linux-noobie)

(for my own reference)

After I experience this again, I'll do in the /showeq/src/ directory:

[]# gdb

(gdb) file showeq
(gdb) core-file /full/path/and/filename/to/the/core.file
(gdb) bt

And report back here with the results. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction Jeeves.

high_jeeves
05-14-2002, 08:55 AM
The core file you want should end up in the working directory when you crash...

--Jeeves

Mr. Suspicious
05-14-2002, 09:17 AM
Okay, no core file there. Unless...

mapcore.cpp, mapcore.h or mapcore.o is what I am looking for?

Will try to reproduce now that I set Ulimit (hope it's retained) and come back after that.