View Full Version : CVS Commit 2, May 14, 2002

Zaphod
05-14-2002, 08:41 PM
dohpaZ (14/05/02)
------------------
Modifications:
version 4.2.3
Added support for persisting the category manager
Added support for persisting MessageBoxes.
Changed the category manager to edit colors using QColorDialog
Modifed spawn list so that it used the color of new/changed categories
Fixed a bug where we were trying to assemble client fragment packets despite not caching them nor ordering them. (Fixes a nasty crashing bug :))
Fixed a bug where toggling the audio option for filters was changing the "IsCaseSensitive" preference instead of the "Audio" preference

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

phattie
05-14-2002, 10:39 PM
OMG more patches then verant...

Can I say more dedication to making it better with less downtime?

Keeps getting better guys.

Thank you for all the hard work that you do.

Zaphod
05-15-2002, 04:50 AM
se7en (responding to your message in the other thread to bump this one),
You should take the updated seqdef.xml. This is the file that I keep telling everyone that most people shouldn't be editing, and now even says so in the comment at its top. You can do whatever you like with the showeq.xml file, since (with this commit) I've finally resolved the issue that required a populated showeq.xml file be included in the distribution. As such, the showeq.xml file will probably be removed in the next CVS commit. At which point the showeq.xml file will automagically be created for you (iff you don't have one) the first time you do "File" -> "Save Preferences".

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

LordCrush
05-15-2002, 06:37 AM
Zaphod,

for those who use more instances :D, can you recoment an editortool for xml or do you just use an editor ?

Thanks for the good work :)

- Lord Crush

Elyon
05-15-2002, 09:37 AM
This may not be the correct place, but still, sound does not work from sound card. Have turned on Audio Device, but Alerts still come from PC speaker.

se7en
05-15-2002, 02:34 PM
I thought that there were certain variables that couldnt be set in the game that are in seqdef.xml? /boggle - I'll replace it with the new one from cvs, but everything is running smooth now with the backups. Did it fill in the new variables into my old seqdef.xml you are saying?

lostpacket
05-15-2002, 11:45 PM
The only thing I had to edit in the seqdef.xml file was my nic card (had to set it to eth1 instead of eth0). But I probably screwed something up to miss it elsewhere ;)

Everything is awesome! I'm a menu clicking bitch now! (as opposed to just a bitch)

CoolGuyEQ
05-16-2002, 07:22 AM
Is it at all possible when updating from cvs to have it patch in any changes into the XML config files instead of them being defaulted to new ones?

Also, the default config, shows all the ability scores, etc, in the stats window. However to get some of them to go away, you have to first check the box, then uncheck it, where it should already be checked ot begin with, no?

Thanks again for the great updates!

CGEQ

Mr. Suspicious
05-16-2002, 08:44 AM
That's what he said Coolguy:

As such, the showeq.xml file will probably be removed in the next CVS commit

That what you do not download does not overwrite anything.

fgay trader
05-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by CoolGuyEQ
Also, the default config, shows all the ability scores, etc, in the stats window. However to get some of them to go away, you have to first check the box, then uncheck it, where it should already be checked ot begin with, no?
CGEQ

Yes, I've noticed this too. Many options that are on by default don't have the "on" checkbox next to them in the menus. Not a big deal, but still :p

marp
05-16-2002, 07:45 PM
Should I see a version number change after running
this build? So far I'm still seeing 4.1.0.

?

(nice job btw)

Zaphod
05-16-2002, 10:16 PM
marp, that means you didn't run 'make -f Makefile.dist' and re-run './configure'.

se7en, if you want to tweak something that's isn't yet settable by the GUI, put it in showeq.xml, as has been said before.

CoolGuyEQ, seqdef.xml will never be automagically integrated, that's why user settings are in showeq.xml. Most people shouldn't need to touch seqdef.xml. Heck even those running multiple ShowEQ instances technically don't have to touch seqdef.xml.

It's possible some of the checkmarks aren't being set, I'd have to double check. Last time I did they were, but I don't know your exact config or which specific options you are talking about.

LordCrush, I'm not the best person to ask. I personally use emacs for the editing.

All, Generally, questions should go into the "ShowEQ Help Desk", bugs should go in the "ShowEQ Development Forum", thanks and compliments will be taken wherever you drop them... ;)

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Elyon
05-16-2002, 10:48 PM
Well Zaphod, THANKS and keep up the GREAT work, even if the sound is not working ATM.

marp
05-16-2002, 10:53 PM
actually, i did run those... hmm. could try again tho.

marp
05-16-2002, 10:55 PM
The place I'm seeing 4.1.0 is the trace upon starting showeq.

CoolGuyEQ
05-17-2002, 06:34 AM
Reply to this has been posted at:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1210

Thanks as always guys!

CGEQ