PDA

View Full Version : Could use help please

Dantec75
05-16-2002, 08:44 AM
I've been trying to install showeq on my computer for about 2 days now. I'm running on red hat linux 7.3.
When I type ./configure, it looks ok, but then some things are missing.
loading cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Dantec75
05-16-2002, 08:54 AM
Also, when I typed this, I got another error...
cd /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/
./configure -thread
make

Came up and said:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2'
cd src/moc; make
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/src/moc'
g++3 -c -I/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -I../../include -I../tools -I. -o mocgen.o mocgen.cpp
make[2]: g++3: Command not found
make[2]: *** [mocgen.o] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/src/moc'
make[1]: *** [src-moc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2'
make: *** [init] Error 2

high_jeeves
05-16-2002, 09:02 AM
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

and

make[2]: g++3: Command not found

both make it pretty clear...

You dont have gcc3 intstalled, or your CC, C++ environment variable setup.. read the install guide, and follow it closesly...

--Jeeves

RavenCT
05-16-2002, 09:23 AM
From all the things I have read here lately about people trying to get SEQ running on RH7.3, you would almost be better just using RH7.2 and getting it running on that.

The reason? It has something to do with which compilers come with it and what versions they are, etc. etc. etc... You can do a search on this and find all sorts of information about it.

The long and short of it is that many people have had problems with getting it to run with 7.3 and just scrapped that and tried it with the walkthroughs for 7.2 and had very little problems...

Just my 2cp

Dantec75
05-17-2002, 01:16 PM
Installed Red Hat 7.2, followed one of the newbie guides exactly. (Couldn't find showeq.conf.dist, found out it's showeq.xml now, didn't do anything to it)
My main computer running EQ is connected to the internet through a dial-up connection. When I start up seq on the linux box, which is connected to a network hub so it has internet access etc, it can't sniff the packets from eq. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or need to change?

high_jeeves
05-17-2002, 01:22 PM
Search the forums.. this question is answered once a week...

--Jeeves

Dantec75
05-17-2002, 01:24 PM
Know what Jeeves? If I wanted to go searching through every post, I'd have done it instead of posting.

high_jeeves
05-17-2002, 01:26 PM
You know what dantec? If I wanted to answer every question 50 times week, I would just post my email address, and we could do away with the forums entirely.. it isnt MY job to get your SEQ working.. if you arent even willing to click the search button at the top of the page, and type "dialup" then you really arent going to be able to get the system working right anyway.. Stop being lazy, and you might find that all you have to do is look through posts for 2 minutes to find the answer to YOUR problem (note: YOUR problem, not EVERYONE ELSES problem)...

--Jeeves

Dantec75
05-17-2002, 01:34 PM
~

high_jeeves
05-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Ooooh! Now we get to using cuss words... Listen kid, you really need to learn how to use message boards before you come here and start cussing the regulars out...

This a community resource so that people can come find answers to their problems... we are not a 1-800-help-me hotline.. YOU have to find your answers, and ask questions when they cant be found.. if you are too lazy to do a LITTLE work here by yourself, then dont expect anyone here to help you...

--Jeeves

Wolffe
05-18-2002, 07:23 AM
I read through this post and was amazed that this got into a fight. First of all your question was answered by High_Jeeves, but I guess since he wasn't willing to come to your house and do it for you... well you know where I am going with that.

High_Jeeves, For one I appreciate all your work on these forums. I was once a linux/seq idiot but I have graduated to moron. But even I knew what the problem was from his post, and you outlined (from his post) what he needed.

If he would have just searched, he would have found 3 different RedHat walkthroughs, and who knows how many answers to the very same question he was asking.

Dantec75 Know what Jeeves? If I wanted to go searching through every post, I'd have done it instead of posting.

That amazed me. It had to have taken 10 times the amount of effort versus searching.

Sad... so Sad