PDA

View Full Version : Packet filtering suddenly stopped

Aanderon
05-16-2002, 10:02 PM
ShowEQ has been working flawlessly for about a month (including after updating for patches), but all of a sudden last night it stopped filtering packets. I ran another update from CVS and recompiled and same story. Anyone had this happen before? Wouldn't think it's network card related bacause I'm on the Internet now and can see other computers on my network. And I've set up the config file to watch the IP address of my EQ computer.....Any thoughts? Both on same 3com Superstack hub (i know they stink, but was free) like before & no it's NOT a switch :P...no infrastructure changes from when it was working.
Running Seq 4.2.3 on RH 7.2

TIA

Nish
05-16-2002, 11:00 PM
I to am experiancing this... I have just re-built the system RH 7.2 SEQ4.2 I get some packet inspection then all stops. this was working under a very old version of SEQ on all the same equip, so I believe it has something to do wiht the last update

Cryonic
05-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Is it monitoring the right host?

Network -> Monitor Next client seen

Aanderon
05-17-2002, 12:55 AM
Bah, well I'm an idiot it seems....had set up a VPN connection to another network on my EQ box yesterday morning and had apparently never disconnected, thus throwing off the packet filtering....like I said, I feel like an idiot...sorry for the trouble all..