PDA

View Full Version : How do you view the libEQ.a checksum?

Toadman
05-17-2002, 06:19 AM
I have searched the boards and folks talk about the checksum ...I have read the README file in the source sections and the announcements area.

When I try to look at the file I only get its atributes which have a timestamp of 12-31-2001.

I did an update (CVS) yesterday ( I know this does not affect the libEQ.a file) and everything seems to be working fine (except sound alerts which everyone seems to have).

So is this a case of "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT" or should I get the latest libEQ.a file?

Sorry for the newbness..I do try to find the answers first ;)

Mr. Suspicious
05-17-2002, 06:35 AM
To Answer the topicname question:

From the new README.libEQ posted at the patches section, http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=310131&group_id=10131&func=browse:

To check the MD5 checksum, execute the following command from the directory you saved libEQ.a in (usually /usr/lib/):

[]# md5sum libEQ.a

Oh and Puhlease, the patches section is NOT a messageboard

To Answer the completely different question you post about: You are fine. No need to patch anything at this point as you have everything uptodate.

Toadman
05-17-2002, 06:46 AM
Ahh my checksum is indeed old ;(.

My plan is to do the following:

1. download the new libEQ.a file
2. update seq via cvs
3. recompile

correct?

Toadman
05-17-2002, 02:22 PM
did as i outlined above and everthing is working now. As for sound there seems to be an issue with the correct audio command field correctly pointing to alerts....I just put my spawn command string in all the command fields..the result on alerts i get beep on locates i get audio output so i am happy ;)