PDA

View Full Version : Checking Key?

areamanbilly
05-17-2002, 10:47 AM
Hoping someone could shed some light on my problem. When I zone into a certain zone it takes roughly 5 mins for spawns to appear. In the terminal it says:

New Filter:
CHECKING KEY: 0xablahblah
CHECKING KEY: 0xblahblah1
etc......etc....

It keeps going till it finds the key, then the spawns appear. Could someone share some insight as to what's happening as well as what I can do about it? Thanks a bunch!

high_jeeves
05-17-2002, 11:59 AM
Its trying to crack the encryption... something has to spawn (player, npc, pet) for it to crack quickly... searching the boards for this answer before you post will also make it crack faster...

--Jeeves

areamanbilly
05-17-2002, 12:22 PM
I did search the MB. I was unable to find an answer on how to make this process quicker. It did not happen until I ran the update yesterday. Given that, what has changed??

Flame on.

areamanbilly
05-17-2002, 12:25 PM
Also, I compiled new version with the new libEQ. What am I missing? I have exhaustingly searched the MB for the answer.

high_jeeves
05-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Try searching for decode... There is nothing you can do to make it faster other than spawn something (NPC, pet, player)..

--Jeeves

Ratt
05-17-2002, 04:55 PM
This may be a legit problem.

I had the same issue on one of the CVS commits about two weeks ago. I was somewhat baffled. I ended up nuking (Make distclean && make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make) my entire compilation to be sure...

The problem seemed to clear up after the subsequent commit. It only happened in a couple zones as well, not all of them. Was very strange.

I haven't seen a repeat of this though in the last 2 CVS commits so I wrote it off a gremlins.

I have a suspicion that it may have something to do with network quality (cable/hub/nics) .... but no proof one way or another.

HFB
05-26-2002, 07:04 PM
i have switched zones, mass things have spawned and its still searching =(

it just not working for me, i re-did my whole entire showeq from start to finish .

blah.!!! help

HFB
05-26-2002, 07:19 PM
its doing Possible key: blah blah

now back to

Checking key: blah blah

over and over

does it for every single zone i zone into

Zaphod
05-26-2002, 07:47 PM
CHECKING KEY: 0xblahblah1

All that this means is that the faster decryption key shortcut used in libEQ didn't succeed for that particular zone. At which point it reverts to a more brute force algorithm (although still using some shortcuts). The amount of time it takes to discover the decryption using this method is very much a matter of CPU speed and luck. You could always try zoning in then out again and hope for a better key. You'll see this behaviour more if you are using an out of date libEQ.a, which is why it's always best to use the latest official version.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

HFB
05-26-2002, 07:50 PM
Well its doing it for every zone. and I have a p4 1.8 gig 726 ram unix box.
Running cable modem.

Just ran all the way to Westernwastes.

Doing the same thing there too.

HFB
05-26-2002, 07:52 PM
Also while I zone it says.

EQ EPOCH OCCURED AT 584325837453 SECONDS POST UNIX EPOCH
EQPacket:dispatchZoneData():CharProfileCode:Not Decoded
EQPacket: could not decompres CPlayerItemsCode 0xf621

hrmmm. dunno.

Zaphod
05-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Make sure you are linking against the latest libEQ.a. I'll occasionally have sessoins where I can't catch a break, then the next session it is fine. And the behaviour is reproducable under different CVS releases of ShowEQ for the same recorded session. Generally for me it's very rare for it to not decode (Athlon XP 1800+).

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

HFB
05-26-2002, 08:16 PM
am using the lastest libEQ.a file

even just re-got it again right now and still having the same problems

CHECKING KEY : blahblahblah

it also keeps finding

Possible Key: blahblah

but doesn't do anything.

HFB
05-26-2002, 08:58 PM
well it found a key in Shadowhaven
but nothing got updated except for my stats and skills.
I got a:

PrcoessPacket() Inflate Error: inflateRes=-3 msg=unknown compression method
Warning: failed to decrypt queued Zone Spawns Packet: -0
PrcoessPacket() Inflate Error: inflateRes=-3 msg=unknown compression method
Warning: failed to decrypt queued Zone Spawns Packet: -1

high_jeeves
05-26-2002, 10:07 PM
What are you running on? looks like basically everything is messed up... your zlib, your libeq.. i would guess that the base problem here is a networking related issue.. but thats just a hunch...

--Jeeves

HFB
05-26-2002, 10:49 PM
Redhat 7.2
p4 1.8 gig 726 ram.
3com network card.
Linksys router with a Netgear Hub.

I dont know why it goes like soo slow and takes forever to search for key

Possible Key: blahblah

then sometimes it will say

EQPacket: could not decompress CPlayerOte,sCpde 0xf621
then back to
Possbile Key: blahblah

has been going for like 45 mins now. just over and over.
then switches back to CHECKING KEYS

Also what do I do with

the new md5 is f1ddd1ffa527125ed09ac5543d1f85b0

anything I do with that?
blah blah.

I have no idea, anyone else got a idea for me ?

high_jeeves
05-26-2002, 11:30 PM
I dont know what the problem is here.. but either your packets are getting mangled by something, or your linux box is fucked (that the technical term)...

--Jeeves

HFB
05-27-2002, 01:17 AM
I dont have a clue either.

been sitting in fungus grove for 4 hrs and its still doing

Possible Key: balhblah

over and over and over

HFB
05-27-2002, 01:19 AM
what all exactly do you run for hardware for your linux box?

HFB
05-27-2002, 11:43 AM
EQPacket: could not decompress CPlayerItemsCode 0xf621
EQPacket::dispatchZoneData():CharProfileCode:Not Decoded
GDBM Notice: GetEntry: gdmb_ope failed on file '/usr/local/share/showeq/itemdata.dbm': File open Error
File '/usr/local/share/showeq/itemdata.dbm' doesn't exist.

CHECKING KEY: blahblahblah

any ideaS?

i got no firewall loaded or anything. hrmm

CBiLL
05-27-2002, 10:29 PM
When I have half decoded and half unknown spawn problem .. I get this error message something like this

PrcoessPacket () Inflate Error: inflateRes=-3 msg=incorrect header check

Warning: Failed to decrypt queued Zone Spawn packet: 2.

or something simlar to the message above ... when it decode the zone fine I get no error message in Xterm

I noticed it started doing it few patches ago but again I wasn't sure if it was because I have a slow crappy box so I won't know until I get some more rams ..

CBiLL

HFB
05-27-2002, 11:43 PM
yeah i also get that error also now.
I got it to start to decode now but only some zones. (very few)
dunno what the prob is

Zaphod
05-28-2002, 06:11 AM
GDBM Notice: GetEntry: gdmb_ope failed on file '/usr/local/share/showeq/itemdata.dbm': File open Error
File '/usr/local/share/showeq/itemdata.dbm' doesn't exist.

It looks like from the above message that you either haven't run 'make install' or somehow don't have permissions to the directory (suid perhaps?). That shouldn't effect decoding, but the software isn't designed to work without 'make install' being run either.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

HFB
05-28-2002, 10:54 PM
You figure out how to fix it yet CBiLL???

CBiLL
05-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Only way I fixed it for myself is to zone/camp out and back in and watch the Xterm and if I don't get that error then it'll decode all the zone property, if it still stubborn spitting out the error then I restart the ShowEQ .. that only way I managed to get it working for me ..

Remember I am running it on a P133mhz and 32 meg ram box so it possible my box is too slow for decoding and something in the background on KDE is interruping decoding processing due to not enough memory so it get swapped out and error is produced so my option is prolly need more memory so the decode process does not get interrupted or swapped out for another service running in background ..

Remember ShowEQ is passive .. meaning it cannot tell EQ server "Hey I got interrupted .. will you re-send packet again please so I can decode it for ShowEQ"

This is what I think why I am getting a half decoded spawn and rest unknown spawn problem in some of the zone ..

CBiLL

fryfrog
05-29-2002, 12:04 PM
try using a much simpler window manager like fluxbox or black box. it is bare bones and maybe not that pretty looking but it SHOULD be faster and take up far fewer resources. might also want to see what you can do about tossing a faster cpu / more ram in it ;)

HFB
05-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Well I am running a p4 1.8 gig 726 ram and I still have that problem.
also my other 3 windows xp systems are exactly the same, so i dont know why I keep getting that error.

CBiLL i still gotta do that all the time too, takes forever to get it partly decoded =(

Brezer
06-01-2002, 12:03 PM
I get teh same thing, I hav ebeen in tenebrou for bout an hour and half killing stuff and it shows that I have 9 mobs in the zone, I keep getting Possible key: 0c0asdfsdfsdf, I just installed Seq lastnight and it doenst show players either even when i target them.

Brezer
06-01-2002, 12:44 PM
I get teh same thing, I hav ebeen in tenebrou for bout an hour and half killing stuff and it shows that I have 9 mobs in the zone, I keep getting Possible key: 0c0asdfsdfsdf, I just installed Seq lastnight and it doenst show players either even when i target them.

HFB
06-01-2002, 01:26 PM
not sure, I still havn't even fixed the problem for myself =(

Nodak
06-02-2002, 10:35 AM
I've been running version 4.1 for a long time and never hand any problems like above. I did a CVS upgrade last night and ran in to the same problem.

Every now and then, it would not show the mobs in a zone and go through the:

CHECKING KEY: xxxxxxxx
Possible Key: xxxxxxxxx

Zones it happened in were SK, Madien's Eye, and Umbral Planes. Haven't seen it elsewhere yet but logging out and back in fixed it one time. Had to egress and when egress zoned back in, it was hosed again.

One time it did decode after 1 hour, so it could just be having a hard time decoding but before I upgraded, I never ran in to this problem.