PDA

View Full Version : I try to run but nothing happens

Namezare
05-19-2002, 02:14 PM
Hello, I have a problem with starting the application. I get no error messege and the terminal I used to open the app and sniff the device the app just closes.

Any ideas?

Dedpoet
05-19-2002, 02:17 PM
We need more information than that to try to help you.

Did you follow an installation guide? Are you on Red Hat, Mandrake, or some other platform? What type of terminal are you using? What are you typing to start seq? What hardware are you using? Etc.

Namezare
05-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Did you follow an installation guide?
I am no longer able to reach this guide but the URL for the one I used:

www.hackersquest.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=276 (http://www.hackersquest.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=276)

This is for 7.2 which may be my problem if you have a copy of the
7.1 install How to I would appreaciat the URL

What type of terminal are you using

Using a PC with Custom Config w/ everything on the Red Hat Set up selected

What are you typing to start seq?

show-2.0

Are you on Red Hat, Mandrake, or some other platform?

Red Hat 7.1

What hardware are you using?

I think you are asking how I would sniff the traffic with that in mind here is my explanation:

From the wall

DSL jack to Gateway, Gateway to DHCP router, routed to the computers with no refresh setting for the DHCP so it is as if Static

I hope this helps

Cryonic
05-30-2002, 05:36 PM
umm, where did you get this copy of showeq that you are trying to start it by typing showeq-2.0???

current version is 4.2.6 and the binary is only called showeq

high_jeeves
05-30-2002, 09:30 PM
DSL jack to Gateway, Gateway to DHCP router, routed to the computers with no refresh setting for the DHCP so it is as if Static

Take a quick search for router.. this will get in your way eventually.. you need a non switched device.. there are quite a few excellent threads that will give you more details..

First problem is as Cryonic describes.. you are using a 2 yr old version of ShowEQ...

--Jeeves