PDA

View Full Version : filter file names

erice2
05-21-2002, 01:36 PM
I am looking for a way to tell the short zone name in seq. As far as I can tell, only the long zone name displays on the map, but filter file names have to use the short name. Alternatly, if someone has a list of short zone names, that would work too.

Also, can anyone tell me breifly what RealTimeThread and NoPromiscuous do? I tried a search in the help forum but came up empty. Is it anything I should mess with?

fryfrog
05-21-2002, 09:26 PM
the "filters_zonename.conf" should be the same as the "zonename.map" file... so find the map for north karana and use that name. and you might get "filters_nkarana.conf" from the map named "nkarana.map" :)

realtimethread gives the decode thread a higher priority. if your linux box was doing a LOT of other stuff at the same time, this could help seq run better. but chances are your linux box isn't doing much besides seq and X, right? :)

nopromiscuous mode means that it doesn't actually sniff the ENTIRE network for eq traffic. it means it does not go into "promisc" mode. you may ask how this could be useful, since to see the eq traffic you HAVE to sniff the entire networks traffic and not just your own... well, IF your seq box IS your gateway device... then all traffic is bound for it anyway... so no real need to go into promisc mode. woo.

erice2
05-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Thanks fryfrog. Using the map names to get the short zone name was too obvious. Thats why I missed it. :D