PDA

View Full Version : Problems with SEQ

JerleMinara
05-23-2002, 04:49 PM
I've installed it, followed the instructions(except for the clean install.. I already had linux.. so i just updated gcc3, libpcap and whatnot) and compiled. No problems whatsoever.. It starts up, looks for an EQ session.. Yet it is unable to find any when I connect?! Can someone gimme some help? :)

Edit: My network design is pretty simple. Cable Modem -> Router -> (father's computers & 10/100 switch) -> Hub -> Both the EQ box and the Linux box connected to hub.

Cryonic
05-23-2002, 05:23 PM
hmm, maybe that hub isn't a hub. maybe your systems aren't talking at the same speed. Didn't specify the right IP address. Don't know, could be lots of things. You don't give a whole lot of info and all this seems to have been covered before in a million other threads (hence the search feature).

troll
05-24-2002, 08:20 AM
Is it a 10/100 HUB? And if it is, are both your EQ box and Linux box both at the same speed? I ran into the problem where my 10/100 HUB actually had 2 segments so if your EQ box is on the 100 segment and your Linux is on the 10 segment then it's just like having a switch and they can't see each other.