PDA

View Full Version : Updated 5/22 now SEQ is SLOW

showeqnewb
05-23-2002, 09:37 PM
OK i just updated my SEQ and now it is super slow. Before when I moved my position was a smooth movement. I could spin around in a circle and my position would be updated enough to see i was spinning.

Now it seems that it only updates SEQ every few seconds. If i were to spin it might show on turn in the circle only if i used the arrow keys to turn instead of my mouse.

System:

Intel PIII 600 512mb of ram 10gb hard drive Voodo 3k.

On SEQ i have fastmachne selected and have messed with the frame rates to no advail... could someone please throw me some suggestions or a fix. /beg

Cryonic
05-23-2002, 09:52 PM
Animatespawnmovement: Default off <--- you want on

King Tordown
05-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Animatespawnmovement: Default off <--- you want on

I searched all over the interface and couldn't find this option. I also used the search option on these forums and couldn't find information other than to turn this setting on.

I did find an option for Animate Spawns in the Show menu but nothing about Animatespawnmovement and the Animate Spawns option didn't seem to correct the map follow problem when zoomed.

Any other suggestions or clarification on where to find this this option?

Thanks

Cryonic
05-30-2002, 09:30 PM
You found it. Zaphod is working on the lag of the map following player problem (seems to be related to them removing the player from the spawnlist).

King Tordown
05-31-2002, 06:08 AM
Thanks Chronic, I saw Zaphod's post and look forward to the next CVS commit.