PDA

View Full Version : Wired Decoding issues

Nish
05-25-2002, 10:21 PM
Seems, I am getting ALOT of bad crc errors and can not decode my packets correctly. At quick Glance I thought it was my network but after some sniffing and network monitoring, i find that I have very little drop packets/collisions. I am using a 3Com Superstack II Duel Speed 500 Workgroup HUB (have also tested with a netgear ds108) both PC SEQ and EQ are pluged in this hub and nothing else but an uplink to my Switch/backbone/Firewall. SEQ worked GREAT with ver 3.x.x and as I post previously this Version worked with my laptop as my EQ box.

I'm not real sure what is happening, But I have looked at everything I could think of network wise. And did the best I could on the linux box. If you have any advice other then "Search is your friend"( I have used it and used it) , please feel free.

network Details

HUB
| |
XX --SEQ box ------| |
XX --EQ Box -------| |
| |-----Uplink-----||==Box1
||==Box2
||==box3
||=====Firewall===ISP
Switch

PS. I have looked at the data rates and made adjustments no changes, nothing seems to help

Cryonic
05-25-2002, 10:46 PM
only time I see CRC errors in the Terminal is if the EQ machine is doing other things on the network other than EQ (web surfing, irc, p2p programs, etc...). Also could be a dieing piece of hardware (either in the firewall or your SEQ machine).

high_jeeves
05-25-2002, 11:40 PM
Another possibility is certain Proxy/VPN clients can cause these problems...

--Jeeves