PDA

View Full Version : *frown* Weird problem with SEQ

JerleMinara
05-26-2002, 03:42 PM
Note: I've already searched, and not found anything to help me with my problem....

Whenever I zone, my SEQ console is spammed with..

Building new pcap filter: EQ Client 192.168.0.101, Zone Server port 3404
Clearing Cache: Count: 0
Reseting sequence cache

With the effect being that I almost never load anything but half the spawns.. If that much. Usually it only loads items and doors and such.. I've tried adjusting my datarate and whatnot, to no avail(tried every whole number between 1 and 9).

Setup is..

Cable modem<->Router<->(other comps) and 10/100 asante friendlynet hub<->eq and seq boxes.

Mr. Suspicious
05-26-2002, 03:47 PM
Nothing serious,

as explained in http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=880&highlight=pcap+filter

This isn't really a bug. It is caused by the world server sending the data twice. The packet that triggers this message is that important cause if the client misses, guess what, you never zone.

fee
[/qoute]

and

[quote]
The packet that is responsible for this is what we call the ZoneServerInfo packet. It basically contains all the information the EQ Client needs to establish a connection to the new zone server.

Technicly showeq should ignore the "repeat" of it. At this time the packet processing engine does not sequence or check for duplicate world server packets. It isn't hurting anything in showeq, so you can safely ignore it. I do have plans for the near future that will give showeq the ability to ignore the duplicate world server packets.

What I meant by this packet being "that" important to the EQ client is if you could block this packet from reaching the client you would never enter the new zone. The reasons we see duplicates of this packet are found within the details of the EQ protocol. This is something you would have to study and speculate about to understand. The only people(SOE) who could accuratly explain it probably aren't going to.

Hope that clears it up a bit,

fee

JerleMinara
05-26-2002, 03:51 PM
All right.. must've missed that *chuckle* However, if that's not the cause, what is? Getting 0-50% of the spawns in any given zone is rather aggravating :P

Mr. Suspicious
05-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Have a look at this thread http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=933&highlight=spawn+zone

There are several things that can cause the thing you notice to occur (most of them mentioned in that thread)