PDA

View Full Version : Alarm sound still not working.

Kenia
05-27-2002, 06:31 AM
for some reasson i dont get the alarms sound to work after the config files where moved to xml format.
This said, i do however get a little "blip" from the speakers, but certainly not the wav files i designated via the menu options.

I tried looking at the terminal, to see if anything there could hint me in some direction, but no luck either.

Anyone of you got a hint, where i could go look ?

I am using the CVS from May 21, 2002, i tried copying and pasting the alarm string to the shell, and it plays the wav perfectly.

z26o
05-27-2002, 09:07 AM
I had the same issues and this is how I resolved it.
<After searching .. hint hint...>

I first realized that there was no sound files in the
/use/local/share/showeq directory, so I created some and moved them there. After changing the names to the new wav files in the UI (Filters - Audio Commands - Spawn, etc) it still wasn’t working. After some investigation I realized that the file names were being reset to the default (death.wave, spawn.wave, etc.) so I simply renamed my sound files to the default names. Note the extension is *.wave not *.wav. This corrected the problem and the sound works beautifully.

Z26o

Kenia
05-27-2002, 10:25 AM
I tried what you suggested, still didnt help tho.
I have spawn.wave and despawn.wave in the showeq directory, but i still dont get audio alarms, they do however showup in the spawn list filtered and all, just no sound.

I got zero clue what is wrong, i tried to delete the showeq.xml file and use only the build-in values, saved preferences and still no sound.

Only thing I noticed, when I run under KDE I get the blips that sounds like when you type an error in a shell, and i dont get any blips when i run seq under Gnome.

Maybe delete the showeq directory and make a fresh install, would that help anyting perhaps?

yyz
05-27-2002, 01:55 PM
What happens if you do a simple...

esdplay filename &

?

Kenia
05-27-2002, 03:05 PM
with a simple esdplay despawn.wave, i have to be in the directory where showeq is installed, as in i dont have a search path there where seq is installed, but esdplay works however when i use the exact strings as below.

I have full path to everything in the Filters --> Audio Commands --> Spawn --> "/usr/bin/esdplay /usr/local/share/showeq/spawn.wave &"

Will try to delete everything in that directory, and delete showeq where ever that is installed and make a clean build :)

Mudman
05-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Have your pulled down the menu Filters and made sure there is a check on "Use Audio Device" ?

seems that is needed too as well as setting the showeq.conf file with it on.

M.

Kenia
05-28-2002, 03:35 AM
Aye, i do have the "use Audio device" turned on. I figured out the problem however.
I was strongly convienced that the showeq binaries ussually got updated when you run "make install", but for some reasson this did not happen, so i was actually running version 4.2.3 and not latest.
When i deleted the binary and ran another "make install" everything turned out to work perfectly.

/em hides :)