PDA

View Full Version : showeq.conf.disp

steveb
05-28-2002, 05:11 PM
Im at step #5 in the Linux 7.2 installation.

Im trying to do the

cp /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.

When I look in /usr/local/share/showeq directory, however, i don't seem to see any showeq* files... just a number of 'map' files.

I suspect that my make is defective in some way, tho i've gone through the steps in order, carefully, and cant see anywhere I went wrong. Any suggestions?

S

Cryonic
05-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Go read the announcements board.

steveb
05-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the quick reply..do you refer to Zaphod's post of May 11, 2001 in which he states:

"The old configuration files will no longer be used, a method for migrating configuration information from these files has not been provided. "

In describing the migration to an XML based preference system?

S

steveb
05-28-2002, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the quick reply..do you refer to Zaphod's post of May 11, 2001 in which he states:

"The old configuration files will no longer be used, a method for migrating configuration information from these files has not been provided. "

In describing the migration to an XML based preference system?

S

Zaphod
05-28-2002, 10:21 PM
Yes, steveb, that is what he is referring to. The current ShowEQ doesn't use the old showeq.conf.dist or showeq.conf files. The seqdef.xml file is automatically installed by running 'make install' and the users configuration is stored in showeq.xml which is automatically created the first time you choose "Save Preferences" from the "File" menu.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)