PDA

View Full Version : Map placement question

AlphaBeta
05-29-2002, 01:37 PM
I am tring to set up 3 docked maps but I can seem to be able to figure out how to get the 2 smaller maps to go under the 1 large map. I get something that looks like:

----------
|11|22|33|
|11|22|33|
|11|22|33|
----------

When I really want:

-----------
|11111111|
|11111111|
-----------
|2222|333|
-----------

Mr. Suspicious
05-29-2002, 02:16 PM
As far as I know that's not possible. maps only dock horizontally. A feature has been requested already 2 months ago: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=535617&group_id=10131&atid=360131

Unless you propose the patch yourself (make it and send it as a patch) it's up to the Ultraviolet High Programmers to decide if or if not they want/will spend time making and implementing a request.

AlphaBeta
05-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Well I guess I will pray to the Ultravilet Programers then as I can only program "Hello world!" & not very well I might add, in C++ atm. ;)

/pray

Mr. Suspicious
05-29-2002, 04:44 PM
I can do that to! =P

//
// Hello World!
//

#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream.h>

//

main()
{
cout << "Hello World!";

return 0;
}

Or at least.. that's what I think it is =)

high_jeeves
05-29-2002, 09:09 PM
Actually, you need a correct signature around the main method:

int main(int argc, char* argv[])

Hate to get picky, but ya kinda asked for it :)

--Jeeves

Zaphod
05-29-2002, 09:36 PM
Now, is that Ultraviolet or Ultraviolent... hmm.... Well, basically the feature is not yet supported.

The preferred/easiest method of supporting it would involve forcing everyone to upgrade to Qt 3.x (using the new QDockWindow class) which I'm not prepared to do at this juncture (at least not until Qt 3.0.5 comes out since it will contain a bug fix or two that effect ShowEQ). There are some other methods I have thought up, but none as simple or as elegant (most would be a PITA to code and/or configure). So unless myself or some other willing victim, err, volunteer decides on a plan of attack and implements it the behavior stays as is.

You can, however, have them undocked and enable both "Save Window Sizes & Positions" and "Restore Window Positions" from the "Interface" menu. Then after you have everything setup the way you like do "Save Preferences" from the "File" menu. Then the next time you startup everything should return to where you left it (barring window manager interference and bugs). The biggest disadvantage to this is that they don't automagically follow the main ShowEQ window when you move it.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)