PDA

View Full Version : CVS Commit May 24th

Elyon
05-29-2002, 10:26 PM
Has anyone else noticed that on the May24th Commit that you no longer appear (Your Character that is) in SEQ under the Players List or ALL List? Also when you cast a spell, it doesn't know who casted the spell.

bonkersbobcat
05-30-2002, 01:23 AM
I noticed that as well. I don't know if it is a feature or a bug :)

Zaphod
05-30-2002, 04:07 AM
Umm, there is both a feature and a bug here.

Not appearing in the spawn list is a feature of the new way we handle the player and was a known and intended consequence. It eased the spawn shells maintenance of spawn information and allowed us to clean it up a bit to hopefully reduce the occurances of certain crashing problems. I don't know of many people who need to get there name, race, class, etc. from the Spawn List. Most of the useful player related information is available from the Player Stats window.

Not appearing as the caster name when you cast a spell was an unintended consequence and therefore a bug. This aspect will be fixed in my next CVS commit.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Cryonic
05-30-2002, 12:20 PM
Could this be part of the reason the map no longer smoothly follows the player around when zoomed in?

I have animate spawn on, but if I zoom in there is a delay in it recentering the map on me. I have tried the trick of Right-click Map -> Follow -> None then back to player, but still no longer smooth following of me.

And no, I'm not near the edge of the map, I was out in the middle of SK at zoom level 10x.

Zaphod
05-30-2002, 01:06 PM
Heh, possibly. With the amount and severity of the architectural changes that went in I'm thrilled that there have been as few problems as have been brought up... ;) In fact this was the first time I labeled the prior release (4.2.5) before doing the CVS commit. Lately I've been trying to clean up some architectural anachronisms that permeate the code and make it harder to debug and add features to. 4.2.6 went a long way of towards cleaning up some of the old baggage. I'll see what I can find.

*Edit: I think I found the cause of the "smoothness" issue and it will be fixed in my next CVS commit.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Cryonic
05-30-2002, 05:34 PM
OK, cool.

See kiddies, play nice and you don't get flamed :)

frydog
06-03-2002, 08:59 AM
Hey Zaphod,

Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to the next commit.