PDA

View Full Version : Zoom on a laptop

sakshale
05-30-2002, 03:23 PM
There used to be a little patch you needed to add to get the '+' key to work as the zoom key on a laptop. It had to do with the lack of a numeric keypad. Then the main CVS got fixed and I lost my notes.

However, recently on my Toshiba laptop running RedHat 7.3, the + key no longer wants to zoom... and 'search' turns up none of the references. [probably in the old forum archives]

The '-' still zooms out, but the '+' does not zoom in.

Sakshale

Cryonic
05-30-2002, 05:39 PM
That could be because the + key that isn't on the numpad is actually = unless you do shift + '+'. I know under the old conf file (which is no longer used) you could change the option to use some other keys for zoom in and out. I used < and > to zoom on my laptop.

sakshale
06-01-2002, 11:14 PM
That could be because the + key that isn't on the numpad is actually = unless you do shift + '+'.

That is exactly the problem. Except the [shift] = key does not work as a plus key for ShowEQ.

ratoan
07-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Should be able to remap the zoom key to something else.

I thought I'd be able to edit the showeq.xml file and search
for all the instances for zoom and put in my own vaule for
zoom in and zoom out but I'm a tard or something. It didn't work.

anybody have any ideas? is it something I have to edit in src before I compile..or another file besides showeq.xml?

user387
07-31-2003, 08:05 AM
I run it on my toshiba laptop every now and then, and the + key (shift +) works perfectly..

only problem I have is that the default cursor location when you start seq is now the zoom bar, and the + key doesn't work then. I just click somewhere in the spawnlist and it works after that