PDA

View Full Version : QT-2.3.2 make errors on RH7.2

wolflicker
05-31-2002, 05:20 AM
Hello Everyone!

Ok here is my problem:

I am trying to build QT-2.3.2. After about an hour (maybe less) i get some sort of error. I apologize for not having the exact detail with me (i'm at work).

Things to note:
I have a "clean" rh7.2 install and have all the packages installed per the instructions on hackerquest forum. After it asks me if i agree to license it shows what your system supports or something to that effect. It shows i have opengl support but not jpeg, png or gif. Is this normal? Maybe this is causing my problem. Please advise :)

Mr. Suspicious
05-31-2002, 06:28 AM
Without the error-message, all people can do is speculate and you could get 100 different possible solutions which probably all 100 don't work.

Rather then waste everyone's time with speculating: post again, now with the error message.

wolflicker
05-31-2002, 06:30 AM
Will do!

high_jeeves
05-31-2002, 07:31 AM
Also, I highly recommend that you search for the key words in the error message before you post... Many different QT problems have already been resolved..

--Jeeves

wolflicker
05-31-2002, 05:34 PM
in file included from /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include/qmenubar.h:42,
from qwerty.h:15,
from moc_qwerty.cpp:16:
/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include/qpopupmenu.h:174: internal error: segmentation fault
please submit a full bug report with preprocessed source if appropriate.

make[4] *** [moc_qwerty.o] error 1

then it starts leaving directory statement with error 1 and error 2

any clue?
thanks for any suggestions

high_jeeves
05-31-2002, 10:58 PM
A segmentation fault while compiling is generally an error with the compiler install... I would try posting this error message on the QT or GCC message boards/lists... this isnt a SEQ error..

--Jeeves