PDA

View Full Version : VPN question

Quatan
05-31-2002, 08:05 AM
This does not directly relate to ShowEQ, or EQ, so much as my ability to play, and use ShowEQ is affecting by occassionally having to log on to work via VPN on my second Windows box.

I recently, about 2 weeks ago, upgraded from Redhat 7.1 to 7.3. Everything, including ShowEQ has been running beautifully. Prior to that time, I was able to play EQ on one box, and dial in to work via a VPN connection on the other. Since the upgrade, the VPN will not make a connection, or will connect and drop immediately unless I connect that box directly to my cable modem.

None of my iptables information has changed. None of my network configs have changed. So does anyone know anything intrinsic to RH7.3 that might be causing this, that I can fix?

When I am on-call like this, I am stuck at the house for 12 hours at a time (6am - 6pm) so that I can be online in 15 miuntes or less. It's nice to be able to play while Im sitting there, but that wont be an option if I have to camp out at random intervals to connect the work machine up to the modem.

Thanks in advance.

Yueh
05-31-2002, 08:30 AM
Do you have the Redhat default firewall turned on? I'm assuming you are using the Linux box as your router. The ipsec passthrough module may not be turned on by default.