PDA

View Full Version : libEQ.a and main.cpp

waldi
05-31-2002, 04:03 PM
I'm having troubles with getting libEQ.a to work, and this is the weird part-

I looked in the main.cpp source file for the error message i was seeing ("Disabling decoder due to showeq.conf preferences") and found that a few lines above it the "broken decode" flag was being forced to "1". this is odd because the line previous to that was commented out, but looked like it actually looked for the "broken decode" option in the preferences file.

So, based on this, it looks like there's no way for it to actually go to the libEQ.a file for anything, because it always thinks the broken-decode option is set.

Does this seem right?

I changed the "= 1" to an "= 0", re-made and ran the program, and it stopped barking at me about a broken decoder. However, i still wasn't getting any spawn information.

My libEQ.a md5sum is correct, and the ./configure worked just fine (checking for ProcessPacket in -lEQ... yes)

fee
05-31-2002, 04:09 PM
Sounds like you might be using the old showeq from the linux repository. Try getting showeq from the showeq repository. Current version is 4.2.7

fee

waldi
05-31-2002, 05:10 PM
Damn you're good.

that was it. I had an old "cvsget" script lying around. I used it assuming it was (still) correct.

Thank you!

Mr. Suspicious
05-31-2002, 07:18 PM
Another reason not to use "update scripts" :D