PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Monitor from SINS ?

LordCrush
06-02-2002, 04:09 AM
Hi all,

I am not sure how this works, i have some little grey crosses on the map... - searched this forum and the SINS forum, but i did not find anything...

A short decription would fine :)

Thnx in advance

- Lord Crush

Morannon
06-02-2002, 04:34 AM
The way it seems to work is :

o each + is a spawn point, obviously if you can see it then there is a mob there already =)

o once youve been in the zone a while and SEQ has been able to see mobs spawning at the spot over and over it 'learns' the spawn time for that spawn spot and saves it.

o when the mob is due in (seems to be) 2 mins, the + will start to flash red.

LordCrush
06-02-2002, 04:50 AM
Thanx a lot :)

Does anybody know in which files are used and what happens if you have more than one SEQ-instance running ?

Are there options in the GUI od the config-file ?

- Lord Crush

Morannon
06-02-2002, 07:42 AM
It creates files in /usr/local/share/showeq called <mapname>.sp

Zaphod
06-05-2002, 06:07 AM
To show/hide spawn points from the map display just go to the maps right-click context menu and select the "Show" sub-menu and toggling the "Spawn Points" item.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

lildr00d
06-05-2002, 11:14 PM
Does anyone have .sp files allready.

I've been sitting in Skyfire for 2 hours now and the system has not created a skyfire.sp file. However 20 min in Karnor and I started seeing spawns.

Do I need to do something special to start this or is SEQ just not seen enough data to make a file?

Thanks in advance

Cryonic
06-05-2002, 11:28 PM
Things have to spawn. Get something to spawn, kill it, wait for it's repop, kill it, etc...