PDA

View Full Version : ./configure Error

Krumb
06-04-2002, 07:37 PM
checking for ProcessPacket in -lEQ... cat: conftest.C: No such file or directory
configure: error: libEQ.a not found. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib.

I've never installed ShowEQ before, and am not really that familiar with linux. I'm running RedHat 7.3. I downloaded and put libEQ.a into /usr/local/lib, and checked the checksum and it matched. Do I have to register the library somehow?

Thanks

Cryonic
06-04-2002, 07:51 PM
/em Gazes into the crystal ball......

/say Is all cloudy. Can't help you with the lack of information you have given us, like what howto are you following.

Krumb
06-04-2002, 09:06 PM
I'm not really following any specific howto, all the ones I've tried to follow step by step have had some error along the lines.

I did a fresh install of Redhat 7.3 and installed all the needed packages (only possible difference is using qt-3.0.3 instead of 2.3.2, compiling 2.3.2 right now to try it out).

I used CVS to download the source files. One howto said to use autoconf and automake .. those dont work giving me some macro undefined errors. So I'm following the make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make && make install routine

I'm just not sure why it would be giving me an error about libEQ.a when it's in /usr/local/lib .. like it wants

high_jeeves
06-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Are you building with gcc3? That is quite often the problem here..

--Jeeves

Morannon
06-05-2002, 03:45 AM
Try putting libEQ.a in /usr/lib

Ive had 'issues' when compiling SEQ and the files its testing for arent in the first location.

Also check the permissions on the file, it needs to be readable from the person doing the compile.

Mr. Suspicious
06-05-2002, 07:13 AM
configure: error: libEQ.a not found. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib.

Gosh, wouldn't know what the problem is and have no idea how to solve it.

Read the INSTALL.newbies file for directions.

Morannon
06-05-2002, 07:49 AM
Im not sure what you're saying Mr.S

The original poster said :

I downloaded and put libEQ.a into /usr/local/lib, and checked the checksum and it matched.

Mr. Suspicious
06-05-2002, 08:14 AM
Saying the same as you are saying, just pointing out the obvious error and directing this person to the INSTALL.newbies file, since he followed "a lot of (by his words) unhelpfull help posts. Just FYI, the INSTALL.newbies sais to place the libEQ.a in /usr/lib/

It never hurts to direct people with problems that state:

I'm not really following any specific howto, all the ones I've tried to follow step by step have had some error along the lines.

to the included documentation.

Morannon
06-05-2002, 08:20 AM
True enough =)

You can see where the confusion is coming from though, if the configure process tells you to make sure something is in location A or B, and it is in one of those, then it can be very hard to understand why you are getting an error.

Maybe the configure script should be changed? =)

S_B_R
06-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Morannon
True enough =)

You can see where the confusion is coming from though, if the configure process tells you to make sure something is in location A or B, and it is in one of those, then it can be very hard to understand why you are getting an error.

Maybe the configure script should be changed? =)

I think the Keyword is OR... Meaning that if it's not working in A atleast try it in B before complaining....