PDA

View Full Version : Error running SEQ

Vlad
06-05-2002, 12:35 AM
Configured fine, compiled fine, installed fine, but didn't run fine.

After starting X, then trying to run showeq, I get this:

ShowEQ 4.2.7, released under the GPL.
SINS 0.5, released under the GPL.

Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
Listening for first client seen.
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth1, searching for EQ client...
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf'.
Loading default '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'.
Categories Reloaded
Error reading map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0
Segmentation fault

I can't find anything in the forums about an "unknown.map" file, and it certainly doesn't exist (yes, all the other maps are there...). I don't have a core dump because, quite honestly, I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it. I don't have EQ running. If anyone has any pointers it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

LordCrush
06-05-2002, 03:31 AM
Try to start SEQ with the IP-adr of your EQ-Box as a parameter or put the Ip-adr in the

/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml

- Lord Crush

Mr. Suspicious
06-05-2002, 07:10 AM
And make sure your network is setup correctly, use the searchbotton to find out how to do that, your Linux box might not be able to sniff the network traffic (read the INSTALL.newbies file to see how to check if it does)

TarkinMX
01-19-2003, 07:11 PM
I have the same problem but with me showeq.xml doesn't have anything in it, no text at all. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Dedpoet
01-19-2003, 08:10 PM
showeq.xml is not created into you click File -> Save Preferences. Set everything up the way you want, do that, and your xml file will be created.

The messages about not finding the XML file is normal until you save your setup. The message about not finding a map is also normal because there is no map to find until you zone. Like Mr. S. said, your network probably isn't set up properly. See the FAQ for a good explanation, it's the "Read this" link on the front of the forum.

TarkinMX
01-19-2003, 09:50 PM
OK, I thought that it was some kind of error that happened when I installed it. Don't get me wrong, I've been using ShowEQ for a while. Been using it since Redhat 7.0 was released, I quit EQ for a while and just came back and decided to do a clean install of ShowEQ with Redhat 8.0 and I went through the ShowEQ installation with no problems but everytime I type "showeq" at the command line I get the following:

Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
Listening for first client seen.
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth0, searching for EQ client...
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf'.
Loading default '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'.
GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat
Categories Reloaded
Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0
Segmentation fault

and this scrolls by really fast, acts like it didn't even try to find the packets even though it says it did, there is no delay whatsoever and I seem to recall that previous versions did and I don't even see a window pop up. Not sure at all what's wrong with it but I guess I can try to load it again

Mr. Suspicious
01-20-2003, 03:49 AM
Do a search on Segmentation fault, has been discussed 1000 times already aswell.

TarkinMX
01-20-2003, 11:48 PM
OK, I feel really stupid now, I figured out what I did wrong. Wasn't paying too much attention when I was doing all this b/c I was playing EQ and installing ShowEQ at the same time. The thing I did was I downloaded an older version of QT and installed it on Redhat 8.0. I reloaded Redhat and payed attention this time and got ShowEQ working along with Maggotboy's Super Stealth Sniffer and everything works great.

btw - Thanks goes out to Maggotboy for making an EQ Sniffer that could be compiled with Visual Studio.