PDA

View Full Version : Can dialup be shared with an EQ and SEQ box?

Nate-X
06-06-2002, 05:57 AM
Only on dialup atm.. considering getting cable cept it'll be close to $80 a month for it bleargh.

Also, is it be recommended or even possible to share a dialup line between the two systems and are there any steps that need to be taken to ensure that verant doesn't put 2 and 2 together and know that the SEQ box and your EQ box are both yours and ban you? Would a switch do the job?

Sorry for the relatively 'n00bish' questions.. :)

Thanks.

Mr. Suspicious
06-06-2002, 06:03 AM
Use the search with the word dialup, there are a number of topics that discuss this.

TweedleDee
06-06-2002, 03:31 PM
A. There is no way for Verant to know that you are running a SEQ box. It just sits on the wire, sees a packet go by with (windows box ip address) in the header and snoops what's in the packet. Doesn't hinder or change the packet at all.

B. Dialup works fine. I can't get brodband except for satellite with an opening cost of 300ish and 90 a month (to rich for my blood.) I can even have two eq boxes running logged in at the same time (though stay the hell away from Gfay or your server's spam/auction zone and try not to zone them both at the same time) I would rather shoot myself than pay $60 a month for a 128k ISDN as well...

C. My setup is a Win98 p200 dial on demand system, an athlon 1ghz dual boot RH7.2/WinXP box, and a P4 2.2 Ghz main eq box - all connected via a Cisco 1501m hub. I have two monitors, and if I'm running both accounts, I don't have SEQ up so the athlon box serves both purposes.